Lead Operations & Strategic PartnershipsBerlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0015951 Subsidiary mobile.de
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
mobile.de is the most-visited vehicle market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany. There are currently over 1.4 million vehicles listed on the site featuring the largest range of cars, commercial vehicles and motorcycles in Germany. Additional services such as tips and information about buying cars, brokering financing schemes or insurance and online advertising round off the mobile.de offering. For our fast-growing company, we are looking for additional team players who have an affinity for the internet as well as the digital customer buying and selling journey and cars.
We are looking for a highly talented Senior Manager to join the management team of our business unit Private Selling as
Lead Operations & Strategic Partnerships Private Selling (f/m)
The Private Selling business includes listings of used cars by private consumers, car valuations and our express selling service. It also includes the listing of further categories such as motorbikes, trucks and motorhomes and the utilization of features and functions to increase demand on specific listings.
You will support shaping and implementing the strategy of our Private Selling business and its success with a strong focus on execution. One of the main focus areas will be the development of our express selling service. Working cross-departmental you will be adding the general management view to the cross-functional operations team. This position reports to the Head of BU Private Selling.
Responsibility for our daily operations
- Manage Operations Teams including three direct reports, external and cross-functional teams to ensure that results and milestones are achieved
- Monitor ongoing Operations metrics, projects goals and KPI’s, providing transparency and devising measures to keep us on track and overachieve on targets
- Work in a steering group with senior product management and marketing management to translate our value propositions into detailed operational requirements as well as support to plan and launch new propositions
- Establish relationships with other managers throughout the organization to ensure excellent information flow and feedback on impacts of process, policy and product changes
Development and implementation of strategic partnerships to execute our Express Selling Service
- Take on responsibility for the daily business of our Express Selling Service including strengthening and building strategic partnerships with dealer groups, associations and OEMs
- Assume leadership in the continuous development of our Express Selling Service Go-to-Market strategy in terms of continuously expanding our partner network, reach and value offering
- Investigate existing business propositions and analyze strengths and weaknesses from an operational perspective
- Ensure operational excellence
- Work closely with product management and marketing to develop clear Express Selling value proposition
- 6+ years in franchise holdings, business development or consulting, with passion for creating great commercial customer value propositions and go-to-market strategies
- Experience in online/ digital would be a key differentiator
- Strong focus on operational excellence and tactical execution
- A successful track record in leading projects in a matrix environment (virtual team) and through influence rather than hard line reporting.
- Strong project management experience and ability to manage high complexity
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills
- Great analytical skills and commercial business acumen
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written & presentation) in English and German
- A competitive salary, flexible working hours, great benefits and an excellent working environment
- Possibility to participate on a steering level in building a business unit that includes emerging business propositions
- Potential for career advancement in just about any line of business and the opportunities to work almost anywhere in the world within eBay Inc.
- Silicon Valley Amenities (iPhones and MacBooks, Ping-pong and kicker tables, volleyball and basketball courts, free coffee and juice, tasty subsidized lunches, a nice forest for walking and thinking and a free on-campus gym with trainers)
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
View our accessibility infoR0015951
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.