Principal Risk ArchitectSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0018414 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Architect a world class Risk Platform that enables development and deployment of machine learning models & policies implemented as rules powered by near real time and historic data
- Provide leadership and technical direction to the Risk Product Development team
- Refine and set the vision for the overall architecture plan and application of best practice architecture, design patterns and ongoing simplification of the system landscape.
- Work collaboratively with Product in evangelizing this vision, influencing the road-map and ensuring that the execution is in line with the vision
- Foster a culture that continuously innovates through frequent product iterations (Agile/Scrum setup) and help the team develop their agile practices further.
- Develop, mentor and coach leads and senior ICs.
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical acumen, with a background in architecting robust, scalable platforms preferably using Open Source technologies. She/he will bring demonstrated expertise in the field of Risk Management, along with extensive experience in architecting solutions for complex problems, working collaboratively with Product/Business teams & evangelizing across other engineering teams. This leader will use their technical prowess and ingenuity in representing eBay’s Risk capabilities in external conferences, summits, events, etc.
- 12+ of technical leadership and track record of architecting large scale Platform(s) or solving complex problems
- 5+ years of experience with Risk or Fraud platforms/technologies
- Demonstrated experience in creating a vision, influencing cross-functionally, and influencing a large Technology organization to meet ambitious goals
- Proven experience in building robust, aspirational and scalable services and platforms that drive innovation and market efficiency
- Excellent communication skills in
- Be part of the interview panel to attract, recruit, retain and scale a high-performance engineering organization
View our accessibility infoR0018414
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.