Lead Product Manager – CheckoutSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0018872 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are looking for passionate and creative product manager who is raring to define and build the best-in-class checkout experience on eBay. if you are obsessed with getting every detail right… if delighting and surprising customers is what keeps you motivated… then we’d love to talk to you.
The Lead Product Manager (Checkout Experience) will be responsible for defining the vision and strategy for a compelling checkout experience on eBay, and coordinating the execution of various projects to realize this vision. This role requires a strong customer orientation and the ability to think through product scenarios and prioritize objectives from buyer, seller, and eBay perspectives. It also involves very close coordination with product, engineering, design, and business teams and leaders responsible for checkout, payments platform, order management, risk management, reporting, Asia Pacific) supported by a centralized product and technology (CPT) organization reporting to the CTO. CPT consists of Product Management, Product Development, and Quality Engineering Operations. This position will be based in San Jose, California.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead (and not necessarily manage) a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers, to define checkout experience for buyers across all eBay markets.
- Understand and synthesize customer needs from market research, customer visits, and customer service and analytics.
Devise and design solutions, and drive them through completion, to address those needs
- Own the full product for your area: strategize and communicate your vision, determine KPIs, build the roadmap, and deliver your features
Set clear goals, timelines, and expectations for delivery.
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers
- Manage communications and expectations with internal stakeholders and eBay community of buyers; Communicate and evangelize group’s strategy to internal stakeholders, senior management and leadership teams.
The candidate must have extensive, hands-on experience defining user experience, and managing requirements for user-facing consumer internet products on mobile and desktop. Experience with internet based commerce systems is a huge plus.
- Prior experience as a product manager is required, 6+ years
- Smart, focused, curious, collaborative, energetic, creative, and accomplished Experience leading a cross-functional team, including managing PMs.
- Ability to think quickly and creatively about problems and develop efficient solutions Passion, and a proven track record, for delivering experiences that delight users.
- Strong leader who prioritizes well, communicates clearly and effectively.
- Deep analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and a track record of applying these to inform effective and successful business decisions driving consumer-centered product strategy Graduate in technology/design/business related disciplines.
View our accessibility infoR0018872
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.