Front End Software Engineer
San Jose, California
Intellect, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skills are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science/engineering fundamentals (Including strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm writing skills and Object oriented programming concepts), a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun. And you should be customer focused – because great business results is what our teams are about, and eBay sellers depend on us.
It’s all about the code. High quality, efficient, elegant code that fuels the commerce revolution. Help create the infrastructure and applications that unlock more economic opportunity for millions of people every day. This is your chance to take on some of the most complex technical problems in service of making a tangible impact around the globe.
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Productive 9
- Quick-thinking 8
- Team Player 7
- Courageous 6
- Creative 5
If you love new challenges and want to take your career by the horns, eBay is a great place to grow and develop.
eBay Speeds Up Mobile Experiences by Expanding AMP Technology for Product Pages
Mobile web customers will now experience even faster search with the addition of Brands and Interests.
Engineering with a purpose
Our engineering teams are at the forefront of this evolving, dynamic marketplace, with the ultimate goal of helping connect buyers with sellers all across the globe.
Enhancing the User Experience of the Hadoop Ecosystem
At eBay, we have multiple large, multi-tenant clusters. Each of these clusters stores hundreds of petabytes of data.
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Developing BI reporting platform
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- 6-8+ years’ work experience in software development area with at least 5+ years’ experience in Java programming.
- Strong proficiency in Node JS
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with popular Node.js frameworks
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
View our accessibility infoR0018789-1
About our locationSan Jose Office
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.