Insights ManagerLondon, England Requisition Number R0018669 Subsidiary Gumtree
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Gumtree is part of the eBay Classified Group. Founded in London in 2000, Gumtree is today the UK’s leading classified site, with over 14.5m unique visitors every month and over 9.5m app downloads. The platform enables people to trade everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to play a key role in our Insights function at Gumtree UK. We are looking for someone with a passion for delivering insights that drives commercial decision-making to grow both vibrancy and monetization of the business.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Derive actionable insights from complex and varied data sources – both internal and external, both qualitative and quantitative and help drive user engagement and monetization
- Communicate these insights and recommendations to key stakeholders in a concise, understandable and actionable fashion
- Support on exec communications on business performance during our quarterly and annual reviews
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the Gumtree and wider eCG
- Take pro-active ownership in key strategic projects to enable better decision-making through data
- Strong data analytics experience using SQL (preferably Teradata), Excel (preferably including VBA) and Google Analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information and very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of partners in a way they will understand and inspires others.
- Comfortable building and automating reports in Tableau
- Operationally proficient with the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver clear results
- Skilled at project, time and stakeholder management, self-managing projects to agreed deadlines
- Knowledge of ecommerce.
- Self-starter who does not shy away from mastering new complex analysis methods and tools
- Exposure to Hadoop/Hive/Google Big query OR Advanced SQL skills including query optimisation
View our accessibility infoR0018669
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.