Insights ManagerLondon, England Requisition Number R0018669 Subsidiary Gumtree
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Gumtree is part of the eBay Classified Group. Founded in London in 2000, Gumtree is today the UK’s leading classified site, with over 14.5m unique visitors every month and over 9.5m app downloads. The platform enables people to trade everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to play a senior role in our Insights function at Gumtree UK, leading on data analytics . We are looking for someone with a passion for delivering insight that drives commercial decision-making, encompassing Marketing, Product Development, Customer Support and Trust & Safety.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Develop an insights strategy to obtain the best insights from our multiple sources of insights, which include customer and transactional data, web data, CRM, brand research, market intelligence, consumer panels, NPS and customer complaints.
- Help to drive engagement with customers, by delivering relevant and contextual insights to our product, sales and marketing teams.
- Generate user insights that inform the innovation and product development process, enabling us to build greater engagement with our customer base.
- Drive long term CRM strategy through customer analytics, segmentation and personalisation.
- Ensure insights from ad hoc primary and secondary research are combined with data-driven insights
- Perform data analysis to understand customer behaviour and combine insights with market research data
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Distil complex analysis from multiple sources into simple and compelling recommendations for management.
- Deliver actionable insights from NPS to enable journey improvements to the business.
- Provide day-to-day line management for Analysts, including setting objectives, responsibilities and performance standards.
You will have:
- Strong data analytics experience using SQL (preferably Teradata), Excel (preferably including VBA) and Google Analytics
- Operationally proficient with the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver clear results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information and very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of partners in a way they will understand and inspires others.
- Excellent senior partner management skills, able to build rapport and credible, trusted and strong working relationships.
- A successful leader with experience of line management.
- Knowledge of ecommerce.
- A demonstrated ability to drive insights into business impact.
- Ability to be creative with resources to maximize business impact.
- Strong understanding of product, project and time management skills with a numerical background with applied business knowledge
- Experience in people management
- Comfortable building and automating reports in Tableau (training can be provided)
- Exposure to Hadoop/Hive/Google Big query OR Advanced SQL skills including query optimisation
View our accessibility infoR0018669
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.