Senior Technical Product Manager, RiskSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0019178 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
This Product Manager role will have the ownership of Payments Risk and fraud product suite, which is one of many strategic products from the Risk portfolio that come under the umbrella of Customer Connection (CX) and have marketplace-wide impact. Scope of these products includes (but not limited to) Risk Management, Fraud Prevention, Transaction Risk, Compliance, Risk Models, Holds and Recoup. Through-out their lifecycle, these products boast of close and multiple touchpoints with rest of Risk and Fraud domain that also includes Identity, Seller Trust, Business Rules and Post Transaction product set.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Requirements
Domain Expert, Payments Risk, Buyer / Seller Fraud Detection
- Help define the product vision and strategy for Payments risk product suite and describe how the product will serve the needs of eBay’s genuine Sellers and buyers in the global marketplace as against the ones disguising the original ownership of items thereby threatening eBay’s reputation as a secure marketplace to do business.
- Represent Risk as a product domain to peers, cross-functional product managers, and executives across CX. Interface across eBay as one of the experts on Risk and Fraud, its platforms and related products.
- Be the product champion who provides end-to-end view of Payments Risk products and architecture to help simply communication of the value thereof to multiple audiences including product/business community & executives.
- Manage Buyer/Seller Payments Risk and Fraud metrics, coordinating across various product lines working with fellow product managers and the engineering/analytics teams to help build dashboards that measure product performance and help with RFIs and Audits.
- Evaluate risk vendor solutions and 3rd party data providers for augmenting risk scores generated from eBay internal data.
- Hands-on ability to pull their own data using SQL and build insights using various applications available on top of eBay’s massive data warehouse.
Product Design and Definition
- Capture Payments Risk requirements and build them into user stories while working with stakeholders to help conduct evaluation of vendor capabilities and ability of their solutions to manage risk with regulatory compliance guidance with an aim to prevent, detect and correct potential violations that could damage the reputation, impact earnings or public opinion of eBay and all is subsidiaries.
- Contribute to technical design and architecture by working closely with engineering to find innovative and optimal solutions. Champion product quality and recognize repeated failure points, driving preventative solutions.
- Help design Risk Based scoring and alerting system with scoring thresholds to categorize customers combined by all client defined payments risk attributes that are available in real-time. Augment the scoring efficiency by building levers into using available risk and fraud attributes.
- Be deeply involved in the design and development process working efficiently with UX, engineering and QA teams to make sure that the technical and functional requirements are met as per the objectives defined by the business needs.
- Discover and address customer problems/feature gaps by maintaining a backlog with information around dependencies on various Risk and Trust domains. Prioritize the backlog by actively soliciting and curating ideas from partners and stakeholders.
- Create conclusive/bankable hypotheses and design experiments. Skilled in cross-domain modeling, problem solving, analysis and reporting. Apply SWOT analysis to product features.
Leadership, Customer Focus and Business Impact
- Lead Payments risk product strategy and help with overall program execution for Risk product by influencing and ensuring strategy buy-in across business and product. Be sought after for opinions outside product domain. Challenge executive feedback with compelling arguments. Drive adoption of best practices across the domain.
- While building product strategy, identify trade-off decision points between specific regions or customer segments while representing them passionately in trade-off decisions.
- Market product through releases in-line with the Risk roadmap, showcase launches with bankable data while working closely with business and analytics counterparts.
- Make difficult product decisions with resolve. Make trade-off decisions that are trusted by the cross-functional Risk and Trust product and business teams. Encourage others to take personal accountability for product quality.
Planning & Project Management
- Help lead planning for Payments Risk product suite and manage multiple projects simultaneously while setting clear internal and external expectations with an efficient management of critical timelines. Also identify risks and mitigation plans with development and quality engineering leads together with a plan for roll-back and business contingencies.
- Ability to work on an Agile environment and able to work with development and QA in delivering world class solutions within time and budget
Communication & Global Partnership
- Write clearly and effectively for partners, stakeholders and executives. Be appropriately succinct, providing the amount of detail necessary.
- Communicate easily from business, technical and customer perspectives. Present effectively to senior audiences, adjusting to audience reactions and feedback.
- Collaborate with global product teams. Resolve cross-organizational conflict without escalation. Leverage expertise in product triad roles to develop new ways of working. Collaborate effectively with all partners.
- Build positive relationship and trust with all product partners and stakeholders through continuous engagement, on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and effective communication.
View our accessibility infoR0019178
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.