Site Reliability Engineer
Intellect, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skills are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science/engineering fundamentals (Including strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm writing skills and Object oriented programming concepts), a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun. And you should be customer focused – because great business results is what our teams are about, and eBay sellers depend on us.
It’s all about the code. High quality, efficient, elegant code that fuels the commerce revolution. Help create the infrastructure and applications that unlock more economic opportunity for millions of people every day. This is your chance to take on some of the most complex technical problems in service of making a tangible impact around the globe.
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Productive 9
- Quick-thinking 8
- Team Player 7
- Courageous 6
- Creative 5
If you love new challenges and want to take your career by the horns, eBay is a great place to grow and develop.
eBay Speeds Up Mobile Experiences by Expanding AMP Technology for Product Pages
Mobile web customers will now experience even faster search with the addition of Brands and Interests.
Engineering with a purpose
Our engineering teams are at the forefront of this evolving, dynamic marketplace, with the ultimate goal of helping connect buyers with sellers all across the globe.
Enhancing the User Experience of the Hadoop Ecosystem
At eBay, we have multiple large, multi-tenant clusters. Each of these clusters stores hundreds of petabytes of data.
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Be the technical and process leader for end-to-end site reliability functions from detection to diagnosis to mitigation.
- Be the bridge leader in times of major incidents, armed with strong, calm, level-headed command and control bridge presence.
- Ability to diagnose, formulate restoration path, and then execute as required.
- Write quality incident and restoration reports.
- Function in a highly-visible, fast-paced role with superb multi-tasking expectations.
- Jointly drive efforts to prevent site incidents from occurring or repeating.
- Jointly build tools and automation in the service of site operations, including but not limited to hands-on coding, product specifications, and acceptance tests.
- Provide technical leadership for continuous improvement in tooling and process.
- Work closely with Architecture, Engineering, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions to attain higher availability scalability and reliability.
- Apply technical & domain expertise to solving day to day challenges.
- More than five years of relevant experience as a hands-on site reliability engineer or equivalent with strong technical emphasis on datacenter, cloud, internet infrastructure operations.
- Hands-on expert-level experience in at least one of the following areas - Unix/Linux, network, load-balancers, other core internet infrastructure domains.
- Hands-on demonstrable coding experience using at least one of the following: Java, Python, Node.js.
- Excellent analysis, design, and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Proven results-oriented engineer in a high-velocity and dynamic environment is a must.
- Knowledge of networking, Unix/Linux, load balancers, DNS, other major Internet technology components is a must.
- Knowledge of technologies that are core to large and distributed systems like cloud computing, web services, multi-tier compute architectures is a plus.
- Experience building highly-automated infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with virtualization, containers, various open source projects is a plus.
- Advanced level programming is a plus.
- This is a shift-based position. Weekend shift is routinely required.
- BS Degree in technical field or equivalent work experience required.
View our accessibility infoR0019174
About our locationShanghai Office
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.