Site Reliability Engineer OperationsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0019497 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Lead simultaneous investigations of multiple site issues at once and undertake their restorations, often in a multi-disciplinary fashion.
- Multi-tasks on a regular basis in a highly visible role in a dauntless proficient manner.
- Drive proactive efforts to prevent site incidents from occurring.
- Independently build Operations SRE tools and test major SRE features and capabilities, as well as work. jointly with other teams on continuously improving such capabilities and rigor.
- Provide technical leadership and do hands-on scripting, tooling, automation.
- Work with Architecture, Engineering, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions to attain high availability, scalability, and reliability.
- Apply technical & domain expertise to solving day to day challenges.
- More than five years of relevant experience as a site reliability engineer SRE, DevOps engineer, technical incident manager, site operations engineer, or systems administration engineer.
- Hands-on in-depth knowledge in at least two of the following areas: Unix/Linux system administration, infrastructure engineering, Networking, DevOps engineering, or SRE tools engineering.
- Excellent analysis, design, and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Proven results-oriented engineer in a high-velocity and dynamic environment is a must.
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Python or Go,.
- Knowledge of Networking, Unix/Linux, Load balancers are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of technologies that are core to large and distributed systems like cloud computing, web services, multi-tier compute architectures is a plus.
- Experience building highly-automated infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with containers, cloud orchestration, open source infrastructure software is a plus.
- Experience with Kibana, Elastic Search or equivalent is a plus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: