Senior Category Manager - FashionDreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0021611 Subsidiary eBay
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2017, eBay enabled $84 billion of gross merchandise volume. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Category Manager - Fashion (f/m) to strengthen the Category Management team of our German entity, eBay GmbH. The role will be based in Dreilinden at the gates of Berlin.
As part of the Category Management team, you are part of a high performing and diverse group, that connects buyers and sellers on eBay’s unique marketplace.
As Senior Category Manager Fashion, you will report to the Vertical Fashion & Lifestyle Lead and act as general manager Fashion with a focus on financial and inventory performance. In this role, you will be in charge of planning and in-season trading and become a role model and mentor for more junior peers.
What your challenge will be:
- Managing complete Apparel,business with responsibility for direct sales
- Financial planning and performance tracking of the Fashion category (clothing, shoes & accessories, watches & jewelry, health & beauty)based on defined KPIs and processes
- Overlooking campaign planning by taking country plans and promotional levers into account
- Ensuring competitiveness by monitoring competitors, identifying market trends, inventory gaps and additional sourcing opportunities
- Developing category strategy considering brands and price clusters for a commercial and well-balanced range
- Optimizing the virtual shelf space by improving data quality and data adoption
- Executing the assortment planning by engaging with relevant stakeholders, e.g. pricing team and merchandising
- Engage with existing key sellers to understand specific trends, initiatives and opportunities
- Acquire new retailers and brands to the marketplace, fitting to the assortment strategy
What we are looking for:
Passionate. Successfully completed a Master's degree in Business or comparable field, with at least 6 – 10 years of relevant experience (preferably at a multi-national fashion-retailer and/or within eCommerce)
Driven. Being motivated and structured in very dynamic and fast-paced environments, embracing change and always proactively looking for solutions
Connecting. Excellent English and German skills; are a must have; strong communication with various stakeholders and solid negotiation skills
Data Driven. Showcasingexcellent analytical skills and comfortable working with numbers and figures, especially with Excel
Strategic. Thinking strategically and agile in conceptualizing the assortment and apparel strategy (being an experienced former consultant is a plus)
Leadership. Effectively managing multiple stakeholders through a strong communication style and reliable when it comes to getting things done. Strong drive for ownership and accountability
What do we offer?
- A comprehensive field of responsibility
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- A competitve compensation model
- A great campus with fitness center, table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: