Sr. SecDevOps EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0021824 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay information security is looking for a candidate who will assist with the design, implementation, security and ongoing support of the cyber security tools and processes within their Global Information Security(GIS) Team.
This position will work directly with teams inside and outside of GIS as part of our overarching security strategy for corporate and marketplaces Threat Management and Response initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for cybersecurity and developing/automating creative solutions. As a Security Engineer, you will be expected to be skilled at identifying security gaps in infrastructure and process, effectively execute projects/initiatives to address them, demonstrate excellent judgment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting business units.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Provide technical inputs, evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies to support monitoring on-prem and cloud based dynamic environments
- Defines security configurations for threat detection and prevention tools
- Designs automated workflows to streamline security operations
- Monitors and proactively manages supported products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
- Researches, analyzes, and formulates recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise.
- Security tool administration and support (Network/Endpoint/Threat Hunting/Investigations)
- Tool deployment and implementation experience on a global scale
- Understands Splunk architecture and components (search head, deployment server, cluster master, indexers, forwarders
- Strong understanding of enterprise logging using syslog-ng, with a focus on security event logging
- Knowledge of system and network architecture and interrelationships (technical and functional).
- Designs, implements, configures, and manages solutions within the supported Linux technologies, products, and services.
- Experience in SecDevOps, configuration management(Salt, Puppet etc), automation and orchestration
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for operational tasks which leverage available resources and simplify operational overhead.
- Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of systems
- Overall 10-12 years of experience in Security Administration & SecDevOps
- Proficiency in flavors of linux and Windows operating systems
- Intimate knowledge of Cloud, Public Cloud security best practices and monitoring of systems and services hosted in the cloud(IaaS, SaaS etc)
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization and containerization(kubernetes, dockers)
- Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve issues independently
- Knowledge of project management tasks, experience creating application documentation, and demonstrated ability to train other team members.
- Manage maintenance, enhancements and upgrades for supported security systems using standard project methodology
- Scripting knowledge is a plus (python, shell, PowerShell)
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Preference for at least one current recognized security professional certification such as CISSP, GIAC
- Experience in working in a highly dynamic large scale enterprise
- Knowledge of security vendors and security product capabilities
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to successfully pass a client background screening if required
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams in a fast paced environment
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: