Senior Software EngineerShanghai, Shanghai Requisition Number R0021746 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
As a valued member of the team at eBay that develops marketing core applications, you will make important contributions. Build Science platform and Experimentation Platform to enable scientist test new algorithms to improve eBay’s marketing business, build world-class big data platform like Feeds or Marketing Data Platform to boost marketing optimization, accelerate development and quick respond to marketing. We are looking for highly motivated and top-notch software engineers. Here you will learn the most complex marketing technique, big data techniques and challenges all over the world.
People in the team are friendly, highly motivated, and extremely bright. Our team tries to maintain a work climate of professionalism, innovation, career growth, and fun. We provide you with the best opportunity to work in a challenging, highly visible and fast paced environment.
- Developing next generation of marketing platform, include tracking, Experimentation Platform or Feed Platform, support Petabyte level data volume using latest technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, etc; Support Real-time solution for online Terabyte data analyzing which include Storm, Spark etc.
- Active contributor on development of complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Define, design, implement, unit test and debug complex, multi-tier distributed software applications for eBay Internet marketing.
- Work with other engineers, managers, product managers to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability while meeting realistic implementation schedules and adhering to development goals and principles.
- Estimate engineering efforts, plan implementations, and rollout system changes.
- Share release management duties during feature rollouts and share on-call responsibilities.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise.
- Proactively participate in maintaining team standards and best practices
- Experience in developing highly scalable applications a major plus
- Understands the broader business context around their area and provide intelligent solution.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 5+ years’ work experience in software development area with at least 5+ years’ experience in Java programming.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Excellent problem solving skills, can triage and resolve critical tech issues without supervision.
- Expertise required in large scale distributed system design or big data processing applications design. Knowledge of Hadoop/Pig/Cassadra is a BIG plus
- Familiar with big data related skills.
- Familiar with Internet Marketing and optimization products
- Experience of SEM, SEA, SEO is preferred;
- Experience of data platform is preferred;
- Solid DB skills, data mining expertise are preferred.
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus in a high velocity, high quality environment.
- Strong communication skills in Oral and Written English.
- Working Experience in Multi-national Company is a plus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: