Snr Salesforce.com DeveloperAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0021784 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are currently seeking a Snr Salesforce.com developer to join our team in Amsterdam. This is an exciting opportunity for a systems professional looking to gain first-hand experience across the fast-growing Global online classifieds space.
In this position, you will play a key role as a development expert for Salesforce.com and related applications where you will be implementing an advanced Salesforce solution that will support multiple organizations across the eBay Classifieds group.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with onshore and offshore developments and implementations of more than 200 users. This is a hands-on role that requires significant technical experience and abilities with Salesforce.com and related cloud technologies.
- Transform business requirements into detailed technical specifications - design, build and implement high quality solutions in a timely, accurate manner.
- Create, manage and optimize objects, fields, formulas, workflows and approvals to expand upon, automate and improve complex business processes
- Develop & maintain custom development across Visualforce, APEX, Force.com pages, and integration APIs
- Plan and prioritise according to release schedule, ensure on-time successful delivery of key strategic objectives
- Take responsibility for regression and functional testing including devising and documenting test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments
- Document and develop code in-line with business requirements as part of source control and deployment best practices
- Participate in project team meetings and communicate effectively with peers, architects, system analysts, business analysts, project managers and other members of the extended team
- Maintain familiarity with other IT system/ business application capabilities and scope in order to make recommendations about potential integrations or functionality intersection points
- Extend our development resource through working coherently with offshore development teams
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of Salesforce development experience including APEX, SOQL, and VisualForce
- Salesforce certification beneficial DEV 401 / DEV 501
- Understanding of relational databases required
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required
- Experience working with onshore & offshore development teams required
- Close attention to detail & the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience in a highly customized Salesforce.com environment - administering and customizing Salesforce.com Platform essential; workflows, automation and integration
- Knowledge of the organisational structure and culture to help build relationships with key stakeholders, peers and user groups
- Capable of demonstrating a very sharp learning curve to become productive, enthusiastic and dependable quickly in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication, motivational and presentation skills, ability to collaborate with leadership team
- Be able to multitask, commit to meeting targets with competing priorities and deadlines across multiple key stake holders
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to research and understand an undocumented set up and application testing of developed functionality
- Detail & results oriented, takes the initiative and makes things happen in a fast paced go-live environment
- Ability to dissect business requirements and return high quality solutions that exceed expectations
- Experience working throughout SDLC including both Agile and Waterfall solution delivery methods
- Source code, control management incl. branching and merging via Git, Source Tree is beneficial
- Quality Assurance and Continuous Integration experience is highly desired
- A solid understanding of business processes
- International travel will be required
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: