Product ManagerShanghai, Shanghai Requisition Number R0022064 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the eBay CBT PM team. In this role, you would be an expert of eBay product communicating eBay best practice to all stakeholders and responsible for developing world-class cross border trade product solutions. This includes strategy refinement, collaborating with development teams to create the product features, working with legal to ensure compliance, and operationalizing with business units, marketing and customer service. You will also work with 3rd party vendors to stitching the program together that will work best for sellers and buyers across the board. You should have the ability to see both the forest and the trees, you thrive under uncertainty, you follow up, you verify things and you deliver products which are high quality and ready to be used by millions of customers. You will interface with business units, 3rd party venders, eBay international organizations, sellers and buyers in different market like US, UK, DE, AU to understand areas of opportunities that raise the bar for operating CBT while dramatically increasing trust on the site. This is an exciting, yet hands-on position where you will be involved in business analysis, product design and customer experience discussions, working with partners, and much more.
eBay global CBT product feature design and communication:
- Communication with eBay global marketplaces BU like US,UK DE, AU to align CBT product roadmap and design with local site experience
- Communication with eBay US R&D PM & PD to provide CBT related feature design and align development roadmap and plan
- Supporting local internal stakeholders like BU, CS, BD to provide eBay product best practice sharing and operation guidance
- Communication with Chinese sellers & buyers to educate eBay product best practice
eBay local CBT product design and development:
- Own the vision, strategy and product roadmap of CBT product
- Define, refine and implement BRD and PRD. Prioritize user and cross-functional needs with detailed release schedule.
- Bring your deep knowledge of building UI based applications. Ensure the right level of detail in design. Can articulate requirements to the development team. Need to understand cost/benefits and simple vs. complex, single vs. large scale change scenarios etc. when building the solution.
- Manage the program and project. Ensure dependencies are tracked and managed accurately. Ensure overall program success. Communicate status. Manage issue resolutions.
- Maintain project and product documentation.
- Articulate and evangelize the solution at many levels.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with other departments and vendors in varying levels of management
- Excellent written and oral English skill is a must have
- 5+ years of experience in Product/Program management – esp. in internet based solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in developing complex UI based solutions for large scale, complex enterprise level applications.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully planning and managing large-scale project implementations from start to finish.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong ability to influence and inspire an organization to achieve a unique product vision.
- Excellent knowledge in variety of technologies including JAVA,/J2EE, Web Services, Search, Storage, Database
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve product design and technical issues.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: