Database AdministratorIstanbul, Istanbul Requisition Number R0022396
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
GittiGidiyor, a leading platform of e-commerce industry as a pioneer of the marketplace format in Turkey and the reliable address of the consumers online, has been operating as an eBay company, which is the global e-commerce giant. With its 70 million monthly visitors in average and 20 million registered users, GittiGidiyor is a huge platform with one item sold every second.
GittiGidiyor’s corporate identity is based on equality and culture of reliability. In line with eBay’s cultural values, employees at GittiGidiyor are focused, courageous, creative and identified with the brand. They are all united in one single subject, “We” and embrace the richness created by diversity.
Accepting “diversity” as the institution’s main principle, GittiGidiyor has created “Diversity Groups” within the organization. These Diversity Groups like “Women’s Initiative Network (WIN)” which aims to increase women's employment and improve their visibility as equal and free individuals in business life; “United in Pride” which supports the rights of LGBT individuals, and “Hand in Hand” which supports the participation of disabled people in active business life.
As an innovative platform embracing a working style valuing human, GittiGidiyor has taken the 2nd place on the list of The Best Employers of Turkey-2017 (in the category of workplaces with 50-250 employees) based on the research done by GPTW Institute. GittiGidiyor got a prize for Diversity and for two years subsequently by the same organization.
The Database Administrator works with the Manager of Data Systems. As the Database Administrator you will be responsible for performing both advanced and all general database administration functions including overall database and system design, database installs including upgrading and patching, backup and recovery and developing replication strategies also employing both advanced and general performance tuning strategies. The Database Administrator works closely with Software Development Teams in troubleshooting SQL statement issues and presenting fact based findings to developers to improve processes. This position plays a role in making recommendations to improve web application processing issues and design.
- Support operations for both development and production databases.
- Automate administrative tasks
- Tune hardware performance, memory and I/O
- Deal with database security management.
- Advise Sr. Management on ways to improve overall system and database processes.
- Handle multiple/conflicting projects and deadlines.
- Time to time-work on call and provide 24/7 production support.
- Work cooperatively with software engineers and system administrators.
- Strong quantitative background with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Physics, Engineering. Master’s and PhD degrees preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MySQL database architecture and system design.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MySQL database performance tuning principles.
- 4+ years of experience as a MySQL DBA in a high traffic, transactional environment.
- 4+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA with advanced OLAP knowledge
- Experience with Master-Slave, Master-Master replication data sharding, horizontal partitioning with Galera cluster or MySQL Group Replication.
- Experience in administration of InnoDB transactional tables.
- Good knowledge and experience in Oracle database architecture and system design.
- Strong skills on installing, configuring, patching, and upgrading MySQL/Oracle databases.
- Deep understanding of load balancers and proxy concepts
- Outstanding problem-solving expertise
- Experience in Linux operating system environment
- Linux shell scripting, Perl, python knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and experience in physical/logical database design.
- Strong installation, configuration, patching, and upgrading MySQL/Oracle databases.
- MongoDB, OrientDB, Hadoop Administration experiences are a big plus
- Knowledge in Tungsten/GoldenGate tools and Active/Active systems is a huge plus
- Good level of English is a requirement
- Background in e-commerce products is a plus
- Analytical Thinking,
- Working / Deciding based on Knowledge,
- Stamina, Detail Orientation,
- Problem Solving,
- Systematic Approach,
- Result Orientation,
- Technical Expertise
- Strong analysis skills.
- Planning and coordination.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: