Head of Product, eCG Emerging MarketsSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0022560
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Head of Product, eCG Emerging Markets
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is responsible for operating and growing eBay’s 20 classifieds businesses around the world. We generate $1B of annual revenue, and are the fastest growing business unit within eBay.
The Head of Product for Emerging Markets is responsible for a portfolio of high growth classifieds businesses within eCG. These include our general classifieds site in South Africa (Gumtree.co.za), our Real Estate classifieds business in Mexico (Vivanuncios.com.mx), and our classifieds sites in Poland, Singapore, Argentina, and Ireland. This leader is responsible defining our long-term classifieds vision and turning them into great customer experiences.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of building great consumer experiences for online classifieds, ecommerce, or marketplaces businesses. This leader must have experience in the online Real Estate industry; and preferably they will have also worked with general consumer goods and/or autos. Candidates should be extremely comfortable in Agile environments, and will need to demonstrate the interpersonal communication skills to effectively manage relationships with stakeholders, business leaders, and customers located around the world.
Reporting to our COO of eCG Growth Markets, you will be based in our downtown SF office with occasional travel to our offices in China, Mexico, South Africa, and Europe.
- Manage our Real Estate classified site in Mexico, our general classifieds site in South Africa, and our classifieds sites in Poland, Singapore, etc.
- Deliver great customer experiences, while building sustainable and profitable businesses
- Own the full product life cycle from planning through discovery to execution
- Lead an 8-person team talented of product managers, designers, and analysts based in SF, Shanghai, and Cape Town
- Manage cross-functional stakeholders including software development, local marketing, site operations, and customer support
- Travel internationally up to 10-20%
Experience + Qualifications
- Deep experience building successful online experiences for consumer-facing classifieds and/or e-commerce marketplaces
- Online Real Estate experience is a must; autos marketplace is a plus
- 6-10+ years in product management, with at least 5+ years in Agile environments
- Passion for using technology to improve people's lives, and a track record of delivering best-in-class experiences for both B2C and B2B users
- 3+ years of people leadership, especially managing PMs and designers
- Comfort managing stakeholders across global environments, cultures, locations, and time zones
- Analytical and comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Experience in LATAM or developing markets and/or Spanish language a plus
- Prefer experience designing for multi-tenant platforms that serve multiple markets
- Strong communication skills and collaborative in nature
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: