DevOps EngineerIstanbul, Istanbul Requisition Number R0022423
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
GittiGidiyor, a leading platform of e-commerce industry as a pioneer of the marketplace format in Turkey and the reliable address of the consumers online, has been operating as an eBay company, which is the global e-commerce giant. With its 70 million monthly visitors in average and 20 million registered users, GittiGidiyor is a huge platform with one item sold every second.
GittiGidiyor’s corporate identity is based on equality and culture of reliability. In line with eBay’s cultural values, employees at GittiGidiyor are focused, courageous, creative and identified with the brand. They are all united in one single subject, “We” and embrace the richness created by diversity.
Accepting “diversity” as the institution’s main principle, GittiGidiyor has created “Diversity Groups” within the organization. These Diversity Groups like “Women’s Initiative Network (WIN)” which aims to increase women's employment and improve their visibility as equal and free individuals in business life; “United in Pride” which supports the rights of LGBT individuals, and “Hand in Hand” which supports the participation of disabled people in active business life.
As an innovative platform embracing a working style valuing human, GittiGidiyor has taken the 2nd place on the list of The Best Employers of Turkey-2017 (in the category of workplaces with 50-250 employees) based on the research done by GPTW Institute. GittiGidiyor got a prize for Diversity and for two years subsequently by the same organization.
- Take care of release package design, build and configuration
- Lead all aspects of the end to end release process, including creating related management panels
- Ensure coordination of development, test and production environments
- Produce and store the software code sources and documentation for release process
- Records metrics for deployment, provides reports on release progress
- Determine and report all sorts of technical (technology, license, training, etc) requirements
- Check and control the software life cycle
- Perform code examination when necessary
- Supply to technical analyses of projects
- Availability, performance and security of our environment
- Further develop our automation
- Strong quantitative background with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Physics, Engineering. Master’s and PhD degrees preferred.
- At least 2 years experience in the meaningful field and 5 to 8 years experience with regard to Internet and web applications development.
- Knowledge to be able to meet the requirements in Linux environments
- Knowledge of Networking, Load balancers, Proxies are highly desirable
- Expert in at least one (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Go) scripting language
- Knowledge of at least some of the following tools:
- Build tools; Ant, Maven, Gradle, Nexus etc.
- System automation tools; Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Version control tools; Git, SVN etc.
- Continuous Integration tools; Jenkins, Travis, Go, Concourse etc.
- Orchestration tools; Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos, Open Shift etc.
- Application servers; Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Jetty
- General knowledge on Python, Java, PHP
- Good knowledge in monitoring
- Excellent analysis, design, and analytical skills are a requirement
- Proficient in Docker and containerization
- Initiative Taking / Can-do Approach,
- Holistic Thinking,
- Relationship Management,
- Systematic Approach,
- Technical Expertise
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: