Sr Product Manager - PaymentsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0023310 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. eBay is one of the top global marketplaces with the mission to connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating economic opportunity for all.
eBay is looking for an expert Product Manager to help design, shape, and drive product capabilities for the eBay’s Payments Platform. We believe that the end customer experience is a derivative of our platform capabilities. Developing a platform to support multiple geographies carries with it many challenges. You will have previously developed global product strategies that enable and drive innovation and go-to-market efficiency. He or she will work closely with in-country and regional business leaders, product and domain leads to identify and build core capabilities, maximize utility of features common to multiple partners, and efficiently solve for local functionalities critical to market success. Additionally, you have a proven ability to establish relationships and influence across the organization at all levels, as well as superior communication and presentation abilities.
- Define product strategy and roadmap for Payments Platform in a capability driven approach; have a global viewpoint and extend applications across use cases
- As the Product Owner, provide clear product vision to your scrum team and co-lead the Agile scrum team with engineering counterpart to execute on roadmap with clear milestones.
- Clearly set the product/backlog prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in technology platforms
- Translate commerce requirements into generic payments platform capabilities that are extensible to multiple payment processors, payment types and models
- Be the product evangelist and partner closely with business stakeholders and engineering leaders
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development team
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into actionable improvements for the platform
- Subject matter expertise in technologies and products required to bring payments solutions to market, at scale and globally
- Experience with agile development process
- Asks the right questions to formulate product perspective and present requirements
- Balances technical and business insight; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on business
- Builds positive relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator; seeks win-win outcomes
- 5-8 years of strong product management experience
- Strong experience in payments domain
- Engineering/MBA degree preferred
- Past experience in product development or platform product management would be ideal
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: