Senior Network Engineer-2San Jose, California Requisition Number R0023818
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The world’s leading e-commerce Company, eBay, Inc. brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing shopping as we know it. Every day at eBay Inc., we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo, innovating and enabling business between millions of people across the globe. We continue to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market place. At eBay, Inc. you will be immersed in an amazing community with a fun culture that thrives on innovation, initiative, and interaction.
As a MTS2, Network Engineering engineer, you need to:
- Participate in architecture, design, implementation, and L3 support of multi vendor Corp/IT networks spanning multiple data centers and locations.
- Deliver network implementation and remediation projects to meet demands.
- Support network availability.
- Research and develop designs and strategies to help meet our technology and automation goals
- Collaborate with other teams to design and implement solutions to support vision and strategy.
- Engage with industry and vendor partners to drive our requirements and product needs.
- 8+ years of experience in network design and implementation
- 8+ years of experience supporting networks at an L3 level
- Expert level multi-vendor experience with routing and switching equipment from Cisco,
- Juniper, Arista, Aruba
- Expert level understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6
- Expert level OSPF and BGP
- Expert level L2 technologies such as STP, VTP, MLAG and VPC
- Expert level troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Relevant expert level certifications in routing and switching (CCIE, JNCIE, etc) is a big plus
- Participation in on call rotation
- BSCS or other 4-year technical degree preferred
- Experience with Wi-Fi network deployment and operation, Aruba Wi-Fi related experience
- Experience with cloud architectures, Microsoft Azure related experience preferred
- Experience with 802.1x preferred
- Experience with SDN technologies preferred
- Experience working with service provider for ISP or WAN circuits preferred
- Understanding of QoS and implementation strategies
- Comfort working in UNIX/Linux environments
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: