Senior Product Manager - TechnicalSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0023287 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Data Services group provides highly scalable and highly available services that empower groups within eBay to make business decisions on their new ideas by providing business insights, powers engaging and personalized experiences in eBay:
- Personalization platform – highly available and low latency platform powering personalized experiences across eBay
- Experimentation platform – one of the biggest online experimentation platforms in the industry powering thousands of experiments every year.
- Tracking platform – real time user behavior tracking with billions of events per day
- Media platform – serving billions of images each day
We are looking for an experienced, passionate Product Manager to be part of the team that engages with our customers to empathize with their needs and problems, provides the vision for these products based on the learnings from the customers and drives the vision to reality by partnering with engineering teams.
As a Product Manager, you:
- Drive product development from concept to launch, and operate in a fast paced setting.
- Have a natural bias for getting things done, decompose complex problems into a product delivery sequence.
- Have a passion for data driven decision-making.
- Collaborate extremely well with colleagues from diverse functional expertise, and varied organization levels.
- Bridge business and technical worlds very well, a good conceptual thinker to articulate opportunities and solutions.
- Lead a matrix team to define, evolve product strategy, and product roadmap; integrate usability studies, and market analysis.
- Define and track product success metrics.
- Engage frequently with customers, partners, business and product development teams to synthesize product features.
- Work hands-on with engineers, UX designers, and operations to deliver product features that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years experience in delivering complex software product releases from ideation, preferably as a Product Manager
- Deliver customer value frequently in a SaaS setting
- Working knowledge of information systems & technologies e.g. Distributed computing, big data management and pipelines, SQL
- Understanding of Commerce domain with emphasis on digital commerce, consumer behavioral trends
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: