Product AnalystAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0024654 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities – whether it is a car, an apartment, a concert ticket, financial services or a new phone. Every connection made or item found makes a difference for our buyers and sellers. We have ten brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1000 cities around the world. With more than 250 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most vibrant and dynamic online marketplace.
eCG is always looking for talented, high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Passionate about analytics? Excited about turning data into meaningful business insights? We are looking for a talented product analytics professional to join eBay Classifieds Group in Amsterdam.
This role in the Admarkt team will take a data-driven approach to informing product decisions critical to creating a world class user experience for our buyers and sellers. As a member of the Global Systems organization within the Office of the CTO, you will thrive on identifying and solving user experience, commercialization, and product issues by turning data into actionable insights. Curious, analytical, hypothesis-driven and fluent with data tools and sources, you will challenge our understanding of our users and customers and be a key contributor in creating solutions.
- Drive the data analysis and hypothesis iteration to create actionable insights
- Analyze trends within and across countries to uncover potential opportunities
- Support product development with ad-hock analysis
- Scale analytics best practices throughout the team and align with best practices in eCG and eBay
- Continually improve your knowledge of analytics tools, methods, our customers, business, and markets
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field
- 2+ years of professional experience in using data to facilitate business decisions
- Proficient knowledge of at least one data querying language, such as SQL
- Experience with large-scale and distributed data processing platforms, such as Hadoop
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau
- Experience manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- Equally comfortable communicating with peers, business stakeholders and non-analytics audiences
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong knowledge of data analysis methods
- Team-oriented, eager to build positive and productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Knowledge of and experience with various SQL dialects (Hive, ClickHouse, Teradata, Impala, MySQL)
- Hands on experience with one programming or scripting language (Go, Java, Python, etc.)
- General knowledge of the eCommerce ecosystem and related performance metrics
- General knowledge of C2C and B2C marketplace dynamics and related performance metrics
- Familiarity with web and app analytics, and basic knowledge A/B testing
- Experience applying statistical modelling to drive business decision making
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: