Software Architect JavaAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0022376 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group
The eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative global leader in online classifieds, with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
Our strong local presence is backed up by a suite of global capabilities, built and maintained by central product and development teams collocated in offices. We are looking at expanding these teams with focus on our Headquarters in Amsterdam.
You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites. You would be responsible for driving a capability such as customer identity, taxonomy or inventory.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on large pieces of innovative technology touch many customers across the globe and we are looking for you as a Software Architect Java
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Coach, guide and mentor teams on architecture and technology choices
- Collaborate with the other architects and senior devs on identifying, managing and minimizing tech debt in the platform
- Consult Product Managers, UX and stakeholders on the impact of product ideas and possible implementations
- Share architecture knowledge, learnings and best practices with the teams and other architects within eBay
- Several years of experience as a senior/lead java engineer and or system architect
- Deep knowledge of Java 8, Spring Framework, web technologies and (non-) relational databases (bonus: node.js, react)
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience to the users
- Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts
- Willingness to speak at conferences and engage in the community are a strong plus
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your cv. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Talent Engagement Partner.
Looking to leave your footprint in motors ecommerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy and sell vehicles around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay Classifieds.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: