Sr. Product Manager - TrustSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0024921 Subsidiary eBay
Whether you are buying new or used, plain or luxurious, commonplace or rare, trendy or one-of-a-kind – if it exists in the world, it probably is for sale on eBay. We are building apps, crafting new platforms, and solving complex problems at a massive scale, to offer users the best choice and the most relevance inspired by the most powerful selling platform.
As a Product Manager on the eBay Trust team, you will help maintain a trusted and worry-free eBay marketplace that will delight our buyers and sellers. You will own building and executing on a vision that will introduce new features and capabilities that will keep our users feeling safe while they buy and sell goods on the eBay every single day!
Product Managers at eBay lead the product throughout the product lifecycle. We define the product vision, engaging with external and internal customers. We help map their clear, as well as unexpressed needs, to tangible product requirements, working with the business and regional teams to build the opportunity assessments based on financial cost benefit projections, working with designers and user researchers to craft compelling user scenarios, defining and prioritizing product features, writing detailed product requirements and user stories, coordinating with multiple engineering teams to get the product delivered and running the success of the product in production. You can see the forest but you also know how to plant seedlings, handle fires and grow a healthy ecosystem.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working with various teams across eBay to understand and define user and business needs
- Work hands-on with development, QA, designers, business, regions, customer service and operations teams to successfully design, build, and deploy vertical product and platform features
- Devise and design solutions, and drive them through completion, to address those needs
- Deliver opportunity assessment and product requirement documents, feature prioritization and impact justification
- Define requirements, user experience and functional specifications
- Evangelize Trust product features and capabilities
- Develop a vision for your product, prioritize features and manage the backlog
- Coordinate, facilitate and drive efforts across groups
- Operate in an agile development model
- Strong customer empathy and are super customer-focused
- A passion for building great user experiences across web and mobile devices
- Solid technical background, experience managing software products using agile methodologies
- Customer/user focus and have a “can do” attitude
- Ability to write clear, complete, and implementable user stories and specifications
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to coordinate and work on cross-group projects
- Design and problem solving skills to come up with innovative and creative solutions
- Capability to work independently and drive projects with many moving parts
- At least 3-years of experience as a product manager working on user facing products
- Experience with e-commerce as a seller, product manager or frequent buyer
- Understand and synthesize internal and customer needs from customer meetings, market research, analytics and competitive insights
- Demonstrated a track record to communicate effectively with customers, partners, business, regional and technical team
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and working in Agile teams is desirable
- Experience working with internet technologies and e-commerce is desirable
- Basic understanding of SQL, data and analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical or Business equivalent. Master’s degree preferred
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: