Sr. Business AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0024786 Subsidiary eBay
The Finance organization is looking for a highly motivated individual with a combination of business systems and process optimization skills to assume a role within the Finance Systems and Process team. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organization acting as a subject matter expert on systems and process for eBay’s Finance organization. Ideal candidates will leverage their extensive systems, project management and process knowledge to be able to facilitate Finance projects across multiple groups. The successful candidate will find him/herself surrounded by professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and team-oriented environment.
The companies that comprise eBay make it possible for practically anyone to buy and sell practically anything in nearly every country on earth. Working in eBay means being on the leading edge of commerce technology while fostering an entrepreneurial spirit with merchants of all sizes who engage our services. eBay is the world’s largest online marketplace and has more than 167 million active users around the world. Founded in 1995, eBay’s collective impact on ecommerce is staggering; the total worth of goods sold on eBay’s trading platforms in 2016 was $84 billion.
This position reports to the Senior BU Systems Manager, Finance. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work in a cross-functional role spanning the FP&A, Controllership, Tax, BI, Data Warehouse and SAP IT teams to ensure fluid integration of new business operation initiatives within Finance processes and systems. This includes reviewing new initiatives prior to launch to understand the end-to-end view and determine the impact to the BPC Planning, BW Reporting and Master Data Management systems and then managing any required system or process changes as appropriate. Requires understanding of Finance processes, system architecture, master data and data flows between interconnected systems. In effect, have super user knowledge of Finance as well as the supported systems.
- Lead multiple projects in multiple domains with reduced direction from manager. Provide product, project, operational and business overview, to management in the form of meetings and presentations. Influence and drive change with cross-functional teams to ensure comprehensive project coverage. Provide change management for each project implementation that includes a comprehensive communication and training plan.
- Support various Finance and reporting system related projects from a business owner perspective, including concept development, requirement identification, user acceptance testing, and production implementation from a process and operational standpoint. Provide reporting and master data requirements for complex projects. Work with technical teams to implement projects and Finance to test and live system verification.
- Continuously evaluate Finance BU Operational systems and processes to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to stream-line existing processes and improve automation through better utilization of systems.
- Use system and process knowledge along with problem solving skills to assist the operational teams who provide global finance support for financial reporting, forecasting, master data and related processes. Collaborate with various system technical support teams to resolve issues in a timely manner.
The success of this role will largely be dependent on the ability to manage various partners across the FP&A, Controllership, Tax and Information Technology teams to ensure process and systems are designed and implemented in accordance with the requirements of the Finance Business Unit. The model candidate will demonstrate a sense of problem awareness, an aptitude for critical thinking, an ability to break down and improve systems and processes, and a vision for future needs.
Candidates for this position must have at least 6-8 years of relevant experience and a BS degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, IT or closely related field. Experience must demonstrate substantial knowledge working with complex systems, custom applications and extensive expertise in SAP forecasting and reporting systems with knowledge of operational Finance processes and master data management systems. SAP experience required. Project management and Business Analysis experience required. Accounting or Finance business experience desirable. Industry experience at a global growth company is a plus, but not a requirement. Candidates must be self-starters with a solid work ethic and also possess the following:
- Ability to lead projects across multiple domains with little direction from manager. Ability to provide product, project, operational and business overview, including risks, to management in the form of meetings and presentations.
- Ability to influence and drive change with cross functional teams and across matrix to ensure comprehensive project coverage; manage risks, prioritize effectively, and work to resolve issues timely.
- Ability to understand a complex system architecture in which data flows between interconnected systems, managed by different teams.
- Proficient with reporting using BW/AAE and Excel. Previous experience with BPC and master data management is a plus.
- Strong finance functional expertise, business process knowledge.
- Effective communication skills - including the capability to listen to the needs of others, research and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational accounting process and system issues.
- Customer focus and the ability to effectively collaborate in a cross-functional and/or matrix environment; including leveraging corporate and third-party resources.
- Strong business analysis and/or product management skills and an ability to work well with all levels of an organization.
- Superb attention to detail and able to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfort with initiating and responding to change; demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process/system improvements.
- Focus on eBay shared purpose, commitments and behaviors.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: