Director, Payments Servicing, CS TechSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0025457 Subsidiary eBay
We are looking for a Director to join our Customer Service Technology team, who will lead the efforts focused on Payments Servicing Technology Solutions for eBay’s global customer service unit. This position will work to define and drive development and implementation of the technical solutions necessary to provide customer service for eBay’s new Payments Platform. This Director will be a key leader, partnering and influencing CS Technology stakeholders to ensure the effective operation and advancement of the organization’s technology strategy and will report directly to the VP of CS Technology.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can define the future of the technology needed to support Payments Servicing at eBay. Never comfortable with the status quo, the leader constantly pushes the boundaries, takes risks, and has the mental agility to help shape the future.
A key commitment of the CS Technology organization is building a transformational eBay Service experience. This leader will be instrumental in driving customer-centric thinking and best practices into the payments servicing processes, and will partner closely with Product and Design and Engineering and Development leadership to create compelling breakthrough experiences for our customers.
The leader will be a passionate advocate for eBay’s customers and will deliver highly available, scalable and innovative technology solutions that enable eBay’s customer service teammates to deliver a great customer experience. He/she is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a bent for getting things done. He/she can think big while maintaining an obsessive attention to detail and intense focus on technology.
Visionary / Innovator
He/she should be a creative, innovative, and curious leader who has a passion for technology, commerce and customer service. We need a strategic thinker who enjoys challenging organizations to fulfill their potential and deliver for customers.
The ideal candidate will have previously defined and built payments servicing technology solutions that drive innovation, while establishing operational framework and processes that will scale. He/she must possess a deep technical understanding of current and future trends within the payments industry and be capable of developing and executing a strategy that brings to bear new technology to support overall applications evolution and business performance. He/she is an authority at designing, developing, and deploying scalable digital solutions to deliver enterprise-grade solutions with elite consumer-grade UI/UX. This leader will work closely with service delivery and domain leads to define and build the payments servicing CS tools that will lead the industry.
Equally important is proven general management skills and the ability to build relationships and influence across the organization at all levels. This person will be responsible for developing the right communications and processes, talent, and organization structure to achieve product objectives.
- Clearly define the technology strategy to lead eBay in payments customer service tools and create a reputation as industry leader.
- Maximize global efficiencies with the ability to customize and innovate for local markets.
- Provide leadership and support for the technology platforms, which includes multiple internal and external partners in addition to the product organization.
- Drive technology vision, strategy, and execution for eBay payments servicing customer experience.
- Partner closely with Product, functional business unit(s) and other key stakeholders to deliver a differentiated experience that leverages new technologies.
- Obsess over technology solutions and details to achieve simplicity and stability.
- Translate objectives into specific tactical plans that achieve quality and on-time delivery expectations.
- Define and set standards for the technology, system(s) performance, and ROI.
- Accelerate the development of our future state payments service solution that provides global workforce capabilities and flexibility, while leveraging industry best in class solutions.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- 5-7+ years’ technology experience in a highly dynamic and distributed customer service environment.
- 5-7+ years’ experience in leading and supporting a large volume and highly available technology environment.
- Proven technology leader with experience in transforming technology, preferably for a complex global customer service organization with a large user/customer base.
- Experience with customer service technology packages (e.g., Siebel, Oracle Knowledge, Genesys, etc.) AND custom development experience.
- Enthusiastic about the latest payments, mobile, commerce, consumer internet trends and emerging technologies.
- Proven ability to work with a large cross-functional team to define the team’s business, product and technology strategy.
- Excellent communication skills (e.g., ability to make the complex seem simple), program management capabilities, and operational excellence.
- Passion, and a proven track record, for delivering technology experiences that delight customers.
- Ability to shift from developing and communicating a strategy to executing in a cross-functional, matrixed organization.
- Thought leader who inspires those around them to challenge the status quo.
- Well-honed influencing skills; ability to negotiate and gain consensus between organizations where competing priorities exist.
- Curious and creative, able to push boundaries, ask “why?” and “why not?”, and is tenacious with problem-solving.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: