Payments AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0025069 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is diversifying payments, this role will be power Payments ecosystem by providing insights to executive leadership, analytics related to fraud solutions, value proposition and innovation related to the overall customer experience for eBay!
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Global Payments, Billing & Risk (GPBR) function at eBay works to ensure great experiences when buyers and sellers come together and engage in commerce on the biggest marketplace in the world. This involves comprehensively understanding Payments & Risks on eBay. Identifying the opportunity areas and helping build scalable solutions to drive great user experience. Analytics is a critical need for each area. Core analytics capabilities include the ability to instrument right KPI’s, identify the landscape of entire function, figure out opportunities for improvement work with product and payment providers to craft scalable solutions, and monitor their performance. The GPBR Analytics and Insights team builds this behavioral intelligence by exploring innovative interpretations of existing and new sources of data, using advanced analytical techniques, and overlaying the appropriate strategies to deliver world-class results. The group is multi-disciplinary with broad spectrum of industry experiences and deep analytical and quantitative expertise. The group is currently seeking a high energy, driven, collaborative team member that brings extensive problem solving skills to further its goal of applying cutting-edge analytics, Insights and visualization to drive payments roadmap.
The role is data and analytically intensive. Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, operational and execution driven facilitators, problem solvers, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional and ideal for candidates who enjoy both defining and solving complex problems, while getting deeply involved in the classification domain and product partners. Skills in problem definition, rigorous analysis, and recommendation development will also be critical as well as demonstration of exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative and integrity.
- Develop a deep understanding of Payments ecosystem
- Structure complex, ambiguous business questions and utilize analytical skills to synthesize actionable insights to the benefit of leaders in the organization
- Discover new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development.
- Design, plan, and execute methodologies to measure successes of business initiatives.
- Collaborate with other analysts/data scientists and help guide strategy based on learning from other analyses/projects across the organization
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and product performance analysis as needed
- Create and maintain insightful automated reports and dashboards utilizing typical data quality functions (e.g. standardization, consistency, etc.)
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or other quantitative fields
- 3+ years’ of professional experience in using data to facilitate business decisions
- Extensive experience in BI/DW best practices
- Experience in efficient manipulation and analysis of large data sets
- Proficiency in databases (SQL), and programming languages (at least one of following: Python, R, Ruby, Java, etc)
- Exceptionally attentive to detail and embracing of teamwork
- People-oriented; eager to build positive and productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: