Information Security Engineer (MTS-1)San Jose, California Requisition Number R0025395 Subsidiary eBay
- BSCS degree with 7+ years of experience or an MS degree with 5+ years of experience
- Strong Working knowledge of mobile application security. Knowledge of static and dynamic scanning tools is a big plus.
- Working experience with product development teams in a security engineering role is highly desirable.
- A strong background in software development and security in mobile applications (iOS and Android).
- Programming experience in Java and familiarity with databases is highly desirable. Working knowledge of other development platforms like Python, Node.js, Content management systems is desirable.
- About 5 years of related hands-on security experience with web applications is desirable.
- Ability to conduct mobile and web security assessments and handle vulnerability remediation of applications and web services
- Ability to build automation tools for security processes for both mobile and web applications
- Ability to deep dive into data and analyze for security and fraud anomalies.
- Ability to determine risk based on context
- Ability to conduct security awareness trainings
- Ability to clearly articulate issues and communicate in an effective and personable manner
- Ability to adjust quickly to the security needs of a highly agile organization
- Design and develop products to detect security loopholes and prevent fraud
- Conduct security assessments mobile and mobile applications
- Mobile security scanning tools development
- Engineer solutions to address root cause mobile and web security vulnerabilities
- Perform security vulnerability studies and code audit, threat modeling and mobile security related research activities
- Consult with product development and quality assurance organizations on secure development
- Optimize security tools to meet current and future threats
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: