Privacy Head of eBay Marketplaces EUBerlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0025613 Subsidiary eBay
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2016, eBay enabled $84 billion of gross merchandise volume.
For our campus in Dreilinden at the gates of Berlin, we are currently recruiting for a Privacy Head of eBay Marketplaces EU (f/m)
The Privacy Head of eBay Marketplaces EU will be the primary privacy advisor on all privacy related matters to our eBay Marketplaces business operations in EU. The role will serve as the primary privacy advisor to the legal and business teams in these areas and will directly interface with the applicable legal and business team responsible for general legal compliance of products involving personal information.
Specific duties will include:
- Provide risk based review of global products, program or projects, for any applicable regulatory or legal privacy risks, and advise on appropriate mitigation controls, risk mitigation and compliance strategies.
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) on relevant products, services involving collection, processing & disclosure of personal information.
- Assist legal and business/product organizations in the development and implementation of a formal product compliance review process.
- Coordinate with regional and functional privacy heads on products that have an effect/impact on privacy in that region/function.
- Establish a communication and engagement strategy with applicable regulators in the region.
- Willingness to take over DPO position for EU related eBay entities.
- Deep experience in and knowledge of important global privacy laws, including but not limited to EU GDPR, German and UK Data Protection Law, privacy experience and knowledge in other EU legislations would be an optional benefit
- JD or equivalent, 7+ years of work experience
- Experience in giving EU privacy advice
- Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP/E)
- Additional privacy certifications (CIPP/M or CIPP/T) would be an optional benefit
- English and German language skills are required, any additional languages would be an optional benefit
- Willingness and ability to travel
What do we offer?
- A comprehensive field of responsibility
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- A competitve compensation model
- A great campus with fitness center, table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: