Software Delivery ManagerAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0025708 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
The eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative global leader in online classifieds, with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
Our strong local presence is backed up by a suite of global capabilities, built and maintained by central product and development teams collocated in offices. We are looking at expanding these teams with focus on our Headquarters in Amsterdam.
You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites. You would be responsible for driving delivery of a capability such as customer identity, chat messaging, data collection, taxonomy or inventory.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on large pieces of innovative technology touch many customers across the globe and we are looking for you as a:Delivery Manager
As Delivery Manager, you are responsible for the delivery of technology capabilities to our markets around the globe. You will be part of our central product and technology team, at the heart of bringing experiences to millions of users worldwide.
You will have the opportunity of working directly with product and technology leaders in our Amsterdam headquarters as well as international counterparts. Your role is to undertake day-to-day management of the delivery of centralized tech services and products.
You will work directly with a team of experienced technologists to lead the delivery roadmap and effectively drive the scalable execution of major data-related deliverables. You will keep stakeholders across eCG and eBay up to date on progress and challenges.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure services are performed within established service levels while continually working to improve service response and resolution;
- The day-to-day operations of service delivery
- Be the voice of the customer activities
- Align product roadmap with rollouts to local markets
- Expert handling of operational escalations;
- Ability to establish strong partnerships with vertical technology owners;
- Analyze workload to identify problems and trends;
- Achieve results through specific and measurable action plans;
- Create and foster a culture of service among operations staff;
- Lead operating rhythms allowing for strategic improvement of established services;
- Special project leadership as assigned.
- Consistent track record of delivering complex, scalable products, services and projects to completion with a global impact;
- A strong communicator and relationship builder whom will liaise with peers in both local and international markets;
- Strong technology background: clear understanding of IT architecture, software development in the e-commerce field, collaborative sharing, and knowledge of the advertising space;
- Strong results orientation with a dedicated client focus, strong attention to detail and quality;
- Experience in delivering major projects and products/services to provide direction and leadership to a number of highly technical teams;
- Ability to demonstrate strategic and delivery-oriented capabilities, including following-up program/project progress on a frequent basis to enable close monitoring, thorough communication and proactive problem detection;
- An understanding of risk management and designing scalable solutions that meet compliance requirements without impeding business objectives.
Your ideal background:
Business or Science Degree with a technology background (prefer a technical role in past). You have a proven track record (7-10 years) with project/program management experience in the online space (preferably e-commerce). Experience working in global organization, with remote partners and stakeholders.
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
- Excellent workplace in Amsterdam
Interesting in this position?
Looking to leave your footprint in global e-commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and share anything around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join the eBay Classifieds Group. Contact Radboud Fluttert, Talent Engagement Partner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: