Product ManagerMadrid, Spain Requisition Number R0025867 Subsidiary eBay
We are seeking a talented Product Owner to join us in our mission of crafting a cohesive cross-platform customer experience. In this role you will take on responsibilities of an agile Product Owner. You will work with your co-located engineering team and business counterparts to solve customer, technology and business problems with a focus on eBay while also being part of the global culture of product at eBay.
What type of Product Manager are we looking for?
You will be joining an existing team of experienced Product Managers and be in charge of your product throughout all stages of its life cycle.
You will define and drive the vision for your product, specifying feature sets that exceed customer expectations and delivering against the roadmap.
- Identify needs of customers, bring the insights into a highly agile team.
- Spread a user-centered design mindset and work closely with researchers, business managers, content strategists, product managers, product analysts, engineers and designers from across the company.
- Manage inputs from multiple partners, always orienting yourself to the concrete needs of the customers to shape new and existing products that our customers use daily while also collaborating effectively with our engineering organization on technical direction.
- Support initiatives throughout their project lifecycle and work with the agile engineering team on a day to day basis to fine tune user stories and requirements to deliver customer value through our products.
- Articulate and present your work to other stakeholders, management and executives in reviews.
- Support your team to evangelize product plans to other eBay teams to gain support and resources.
- Work with a highly agile, cross-functional team of extraordinary developers, product managers and product designers who love getting into the details, solving hard problems, and having a great time together doing it.
- Inspire your colleagues and strive to improve your and your teams’ way of working every single day.
- Well-versed in product & potentially design thinking with experience in user journey mapping, heuristic evaluation.
- Fluent in Spanish and English with a deep understanding of users, culture and competitors.
- Eager to take initiative and full ownership of your work. You are responsible for every last detail, from the first concept draft to the final execution.
- Experienced in working together with an engineering team in an agile environment, maybe even in a KANBAN way?
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player with a bias for action. This is a fast-moving team and agility in execution and thinking are valued.
- A can-do spirit who sprinkles as much fun as possible into every day will be a great cultural fit with our team.
- A clear verbal and written communicator, with the ability to effectively present your work.
- Proficient at solving business problems by facilitating a user-centric design process and solid thinking around functionality.
- Organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- You have 4+ years experience in digital product management in an agile environment
- You inspire others and are good at what you are doing, but are always curious and feel that you have much left to learn
- Graduate in Computer Science/technology/business related disciplines is an added asset but is not strictly required.
- Proven track record of successful product launches including mobile applications
We offer you:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, Australia, the USA and globally.
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and brand new office facilities modern, tech-rich office building equipped with 500 devices ready to connect across five continents and 16 countries in central Madrid, in Salamanca area. Just two minutes from the Retiro, one of Madrid’s largest parks, luxury shopping, and the heart of the capital city.
- An opportunity to build applications which are used by your friends, neighbors and family in addition to millions of people globally.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: