Sr. Product Manager 2 - TechnicalSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0025945 Subsidiary eBay
eBay’s Platform Engineering group is looking for a highly technical and experienced Product Manager with a creative mindset, to join the Frameworks team. eBay developers build and run hundreds of applications processing billions of calls daily with high availability and reliability using the application framework products and tools. Our goal is to make the process of building applications/ API services very efficient.
We need someone well versed with open source application frameworks, developer tools, industry trends around application architectures and experience in operating workloads in a cloud environment. eBay’s framework team provides the foundation elements on top of which by promoting industry best practices in addition to aligning with eBay’s high standards around availability, security, scalability, observability and quality.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management. The product Manager will be responsible for developing product features, roadmaps, lead customer and partner teams engagement and have a strong execution focus in an agile environment. eBay Inc., is a creative environment and is evolving at a rapid pace. We need our frameworks to delight eBay’s innovators. We are looking for someone who is passionate about how applications frameworks are managed, consumed, and evolved in the most scalable and repeatable manner possible.
- Own and drive the product vision and strategy for Application Frameworks
- Be the customer champion for eBay’s developers around the world.
- Play the Product Owner role in an Agile environment
- Ensure we make data driven decisions
- Develop product adoption/ migration plans, to include marketing materials, training aids and track success of rollout
- Provide timely and appropriate communication to stakeholders and customers on product roadmaps and capabilities
- Be informed of trends in industry – developer tools, virtualization, containers, service mesh etc., and demonstrate working knowledge in these areas.
- Work cross-functionally to obtain stakeholder consensus, facilitate timely execution and manage and meet customer expectations
- Strong automation experiences to promote developer productivity
- Conscious considerations around security and “always on” services
- Knowledge and understanding across a wide breadth of technology domains, with the ability to quickly assimilate the inter-relationships of various disciplines
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and to comprehend complex business initiatives
- You will be able to articulate product requirements to various audiences (high level to deep low level technical).
- Experience leading a team of developers, architects and/or product managers in a cloud related product/service
- Good leadership skills; self-motivated; craft transparency; Great teammate; “Can Do” attitude
- Customer engagement management
- Collaborate closely with DevOps Engineers, Partners, Internal customers, Product Managers & Management
- Lead reporting progress for portfolio of products/ tools
- Periodic and timely reporting to management, customers and other company partners
- Manage organization, tracking and delivery of RESTful APIs, Batch and Async support in Frameworks
- Working knowledge of product release management challenges and best practices around product versioning, backwards compatibility etc.,
- Build repeatable structures that help usher in operational rigor promotes visibility to management, customers and partner teams.
- Impeccable leadership skills - Building, leading and instilling teams with a constant focus on accountability, delivery, and positive customer experiences.
- Be a top performer who thrives in a very dynamic and demanding environment, thinks critically, delivers quickly, and collaborates across a variety of functions.
- Demonstrate strong internal drive, a tenacious spirit, a collaborative method of working
- Drive delivery of complex technology projects on time.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomacy, collaboration, good judgment and killer instincts are important success factors for this role. You have the "know how" to get things done and get the best out of your collaborators without burning your bridges.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering
- 10+ years of related experience preferably in an agile development environment or 4 years hands-on software development experience
- 5+ years experience in product management with proven track record of delivering top-notch products that delight users.
- Domain knowledge in e-commerce, retail, hi-tech, Cloud enablement
- Strong execution skills and ability to drive throughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch.
- Ability to develop and implement a business strategy and make dynamic adjustments as landscapes shift.
- Strong technical knowledge and an ability to influence engineering decisions.
- Strong presentation and written/oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from data
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: