Applied Data ScientistShanghai, China Requisition Number R0026460 Subsidiary eBay
eBay Marketing Technology is building world-class engineering/science teams in Shanghai, focusing on building machine learning models and leverage Experiment Platform to optimize marketing efficiency. The team’s work will directly impact eBay revenue by improving marketing efficiency (in both paid and organic marketing) and introducing high quality traffic to eBay.
We are seeking a data scientist to provide applied research and data modeling expertise in this area. This is an exciting position, providing the candidate an opportunity to improve world’s largest online market’s search engine marketing efficiency 按时by optimizing bidding, personalized recommendation and content recommendation using statistical methodologies, data modeling, machine learning and information retrieval.
People in the team are friendly, highly motivated, and extremely bright. Our team tries to maintain a work climate of professionalism, innovation, career growth, and fun. We provide you with the best opportunity to work in a challenging, highly visible and fast paced environment.
- Aggregate huge amount of data and information from large numbers of sources to discover patterns and features necessary to build machine learning models that match eBay’s inventory with customers’ demand via Marketing channels.
- Design and implement end-to-end solutions using Machine Learning, Optimization, and other advanced computer science technologies, and own live deployments to drive customer traffic to eBay
- Proactively participate in maintaining team standards and best practices
- Understands the broader business context around their area and provide intelligent solution.
- MS degree or PhD (preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent is required for this position
- Broad experience with various modeling algorithms, data mining tools, data analysis tools, and statistical packages
- Expertise with applying predictive modeling techniques (model training, logistic regression etc), statistics and information retrieval methods to real-world data
- Expertise in specialized areas such as Optimization, NLP, Reinforcement Learning, Probabilistic Inference, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Recommendation Systems.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to research innovative solutions to challenging business problems
- Attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Proven experience with large data sets and related technologies, e.g., Hadoop, Pig, Spark. Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL is needed.
- Expert level experience in at least one of the ML learning software (R/Python/Scala/Tensor flow) is needed.
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written, ability to work with large cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical members
- Knowledge of SQL , Oracle(or Teredata), R, python is preferred. Working experience or knowledge of search engine, search engine marketing, internet marketing, information retrieval is preferred.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: