Product Manager – eBay Classifieds GroupCape Town, South Africa Requisition Number R0026281 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Product Manager –eCG Emerging Markets
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is responsible for operating and growing eBay’s classifieds businesses around the world. eCG Emerging Markets is responsible for a portfolio of high growth classifieds businesses within eCG. These include our general classifieds site in South Africa (Gumtree.co.za), our Real Estate classifieds business in Mexico (Vivanuncios.com.mx), and our classifieds sites in Poland, Singapore, Argentina, and Ireland.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of building great customer experiences for online classifieds, ecommerce, marketplace or SAAS. If you are an experienced Product Manager who builds products with a 'customer first' mentality, thrives on delivering business value, and passionate about using technology to solve user problems, we’d love to meet you.
Reporting to our Head of Product, you will be based in our Cape Town office with occasional travel to our offices in San Francisco, Mexico City and Shanghai.
- Own the product life cycle from planning through discovery to execution
- Provide customer centric and business savvy product leadership
- Prioritise, develop and launch continuous enhancements which aim to deliver customer and business value
- Maintain a hypothesis-driven approach, using qualitative and quantitative data to validate ideas
- Define user stories, maintain a well-groomed product backlog and lead product grooming sessions
- Work with engineering, design and QA to deliver world-class customer experiences
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure transparency, buy-in and alignment around priorities and milestones
Experience + Qualifications
- 4+ years in product management within an agile environment
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with multiple priorities
- Comfort managing stakeholders across global environments, cultures, locations, and time zones
- Passionate about understanding and solving user problems
- Proven track record of building "best-in-class" experiences for users with strong monetization and SEO strategies
- Experience in B2C, Real Estate and Autos an advantage
- Ability to think big and deep dive into details
- Strong communication skills and collaborative in nature
- Fluent in English, ability to speak Spanish a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: