Security Training & Communications LeadSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0026958 Subsidiary eBay
You would be a member of the Global Information Security Team responsible for technical security training and awareness activities for eBay Marketplaces, Corporate IT environments, and adjacent businesses.
You will work directly with business leaders to understand security training needs, lead technical security training and awareness development activities.
As a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of Information Security methods, You will craft an end to end information Security awareness program to be used across a global organization that will increase awareness of information security principles.
Responsibilities would include:
- Build, maintain, and report an annual Security Education, Awareness, and Training strategy to support eBay’s Global Information Security (GIS) strategy and goals
- Monitor the top human risks to our organization to identify the attitudes and behaviors we need to change to mitigate those risks.
- Craft positive and engaging programs that focus on changing employee and contractor attitudes and behaviors to improve information security both at home and at work.
- Ensure that all roles and organizations within eBay have access to security training applicable to their responsibilities.
- Deliver security information using the most effective and efficient communication vehicle for each audience group, such as talking points for team briefings, broadcast announcements, newsletters and other recurring news vehicles, Internet/Intranet/wiki content, in-person events, classroom-based training, or interactive and innovative audio and video e-learning experiences.
- Develop and maintain presentations, videos, blog posts and other instructional content in support of the communication strategy for the internal eBay Information Security Education Center.
- Implement and maintain processes to measure program effectiveness and continuously improve.
- Structure and maintain programs to be long term, so ultimately we are not changing just behaviors but creating a culture of security.
- Work closely with leaders, team members, and partners in all business units and functions to align communications, training, and awareness with strategy.
- Collaborate with other teams and organizations as needed to simplify complex information security concepts and promote security-first behaviors to both internal and external audiences.
- Monitor information security industry news and blog posts for internal and external educational opportunities. Share the most meaningful information with the rest of InfoSec and with the organization at large.
- Write announcements and timely communications for our employees, contractors and partners to inform, alert, and educate based on the communications strategy and requests from the team.
- Work with our marketing and customer support teams to educate our customers on security trends and online safety via blog posts and contributions to eBay social networking sites in support of the communication strategy.
- Support the eBay marketing and PR teams in their efforts to explain complex security concepts and technologies in their materials.
- Plan, organize and lead training and awareness projects in collaboration with Information Security Leaders and team members across eBay business lines.
- Provide regular updates to plans and results supporting our operating rhythms such as internal & external regulatory audits, critical metrics to ensure we are effectively communicating how we’re making the company more secure.
- We are looking for excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and leadership ability, with skills to build rapport and credibility with multiple partners are vital to the success of this role.
- You would have:
- Proven ability to lead with innovative ideas and you will be an “out-of-the-box” thinker with the passion to learn and adapt.
- Experience developing multi-faceted, analytically minded with essential communication and curriculum development plans to support achievement of broader interpersonal and organizational goals.
- Experience writing and designing information security educational material for employees and customers.
- Excellent relationship-building and influencing skills in all mediums and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong self-motivation, self-management, and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, meet targets and intensify when appropriate.
- Work experience in an Information Security environment and demonstrable understanding of the concepts of information risks and the different elements that make up risk.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and design skills with demonstrable competence and experience in clearly explaining complexities in security concepts and technologies for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Superior writing and editing: This is a content heavy role.
- You have the capability to distill complex and difficult concepts into easy-to-understand, “on your side” communications, and can easily “de-geek the speak”.
- Strong audience and needs analysis skills to determine the most effective means to deliver specific types of information to specific audiences to achieve specified goals.
- You have a broad “communications toolbox” including effective use of social media, information design, content written for small-group face-to-face communication, interactive e-learning, and more.
- Demonstrable experience with the process of eLearning design and development is a requirement.
- Design experience and familiarity with design programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is also a plus.
- We want someone who is passionate about our customers, partners, stakeholders, and technology.
If you have any additional experience in the following it's a huge plus!
eBay Marketplaces is a dynamic, fast-paced company, and protecting our brand reputation is critical. A track record working in similarly fluid industries and against tight timelines is preferred.
- Professional experience using social media tools such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, and Yammer for corporate communications; experience with blogging tools like WordPress, Tumblr, and Blogger.
- Experience developing eLearning using current industry tools.
- Previous experience of compliance programs and regulatory obligations.
- Webinar and public speaking experience.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years professional related work experience
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), PMP, CISSP, CISA, or other industry certifications will be considered a plus
- Understanding of compliance regulations and requirements such as PCI, SOX, GLBA, and various Data Protection Laws.
- Be able to interface, influence, and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business colleagues and teams in multiple locations at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of information security principles and of relevant industry standards.
- Aptitude to quickly learn new environments and technologies.
- Good organizational skills, goal-minded, and a self-starter.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly complex environment.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as required.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: