Software Engineer (Checkout Experience)
San Jose, California
Have you ever wanted to work for a company that changes millions of users lives around the globe every day?
Have you ever wondered how a large-scale ecommerce enterprise function?
Have you ever wondered how a platform is built that handles millions of transactions per day seamlessly?
Have you ever be curious about how a system makes transactions in great scale and moves millions of money regardless of country and currency?
Have you ever wanted to be part of such a product development team and a company?
Here is your chance to join such a team.
eBay Checkout Experience team is seeking a highly motivated individual to join as a member of technical staff. This position will require the candidate to lead our Java efforts and work directly with our business partners to research, develop and deploying next generation web applications on multiple technologies for high volume transaction environments. The candidate is expected to be effective as an individual contributor, team player, and a champion for results and incremental improvement. In addition to this, the candidate will be expected to have an excellent grasp of designing and implementing frameworks and architectures based on internal and external standards
- Design and deliver highly scalable multi-tiered distributed software applications
- Leading teams of software engineers on projects on and off-shore
- Work with other Engineers, Managers, Product management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementations, and roll out applications with cross-functional impact
- Lead product initiatives and recommend improvements
- Develop and support projects throughout all phases of the development life cycle
- Work jointly with other team members to deliver complex applications
- Strong code quality focus including design reviews, code reviews, unit testing and continuous integration.
- Performing analysis and fine tuning of page performance and reliability
- Mentor and guide developers in coding and design methodology and page performance
- Conceptualizing, coding, deploying, and iterating on next generation prototypes
- Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions
- Support site rollouts and available for on-call duties to resolve site issues
- Proficient in waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Technical degree or equivalent related work experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years