Infosec Engineer (Vuln Management)San Jose, California Requisition Number R0027265 Subsidiary eBay
eBay operates one of the world’s largest and most creative online marketplaces.
We are looking for a person with real passion for Information Security.
This position will work directly with teams inside and outside of Global Information Security (GIS) as part of our overarching security strategy at the Inc. level.
What we wish to see in you:
You will have a real passion for cybersecurity and developing/automating creative solutions.
As an Information Security Engineer, you will be expected to be skilled at identifying security gaps in infrastructure and process, assist on security reviews of vulnerabilities, help oversee the remediation of security weaknesses within the infrastructure and work to put processes in place to plug the gaps, effectively execute projects/initiatives to address them, demonstrate excellent judgment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting business units, exemplary work ethic and approach to problem solving, drive standard methodologies and display excellence with all tasks, a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team
- Preserve eBay customer trust
- Respond to internal customer queries regarding vulnerability management
- Respond to security violations, vulnerabilities and event detection systems
- Participate in security policy review, provide mentorship and consultation
- Evangelize security within eBay and be an advocate for customer trust
- Present complex technical topics to senior level executives
- Analyze vulnerability scan results and report on aggregated vulnerabilities
- Identify false positives and risk acceptance
- Clearly understand and communicate risks associated with vulnerabilities
- Facilitate vulnerability remediation strategies
- Develop domain expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent education or work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with large scale infrastructure, preferably cloud scale infrastructure.
- Experience configuring and using vulnerability management tools such as QualysGuard, Nessus and Rapid 7.
- Proven track record with Unix/Linux Operating systems is a requirement.
- Scripting experience and a keen eye for automation is a huge plus (Python, Shell)
- Proficiency understanding the technical architecture of web scale infrastructure built using Linux, Openstack, Solaris, Oracle and NoSQL databases, VMWare, Windows
- Knowledge of cloud concepts, virtualization and containerization
- Deep understanding of security control frameworks such as PCI-DSS, NIST, GDPR, etc
- Certifications like CEH, CCNA, CCNP would be a plus – but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of security vendors and security product capabilities
Professional Skill Requirements:
- You are driven and able to work in an independent manner
- Proven track record in working independently and as a team member
- "Can do" attitude and team first mentality
- Good interpersonal, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams in a dynamic environment
- Lots of enthusiasm and the drive to learn and adapt to support business needs
- Ability to successfully pass background check and other security parameters required for employment with eBay.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: