Data Scientist, Product analyticsSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028095 Subsidiary StubHub
Position: Data Scientist, Product Analytics
Organization: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
We are looking for an experienced Data scientist with exceptional product sense to help champion the use of data in product decision-making. In this role you will work closely with our Engineering, Product, Ops, and Design teams to evaluate product opportunities, track product metrics, develop and analyze experiments, and drive deep-dive studies to identify new opportunities.
- Apply data & analytical skills to help understand how our customers use our products
- Partner closely with product leadership to define, measure and report on core product and feature metrics
- Design customer-facing experiments (A/B tests) and distill their results into actionable outcomes
- Execute cohort studies and drive analyses to understand customer behavior and identify opportunities for improving our product(s)
- Collaborate with data and business intelligence teams to develop reports and visualization dashboards
- Build financial models to project key business metrics - Traffic, conversion, Engagement - and develop KPIs to measure initiative performance
- Strong quantitative background with Product analytics experience. Proven track record in solving business problems through fact based and scientific analytics
- Excellent technical skills - including the ability to query databases (SQL, Hive etc.), leveraging R/Python to analyze complex data, and using Tableau (or other visualization tools) to deliver insights at scale
- Deep understanding of statistics, experimental design, and causal inference
- The ability to translate analytical insights into clear recommendations and effectively deliver it to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Worked in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams, and are able to communicate technically intricate concepts/results in business terms
- Passion for technology and consumer products
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
- StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
- At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself