Sen. Data Engineer - Java/Scala (f/m/d)Dreilinden, Brandenburg Requisition Number R0028319 Subsidiary mobile.de
mobile.de the most visited vehicle market for the purchase and sale of vehicles in Germany. Users have more than 1.5 million vehicles to choose from - including 154,000 new cars. mobile.de offers the largest car, commercial vehicle and motorcycle range in Germany. Additional services such as tips and tips around buying a car, arranging financing or insurance and online advertising complete the offer of mobile.de.
This is a great opportunity to work on a new, innovative product and we are looking for you as a (Senior) Data Engineer Scala / Java (f/m/d).
This role sits within the Data- and Tech- organization and directly partners with Data Scientists and Product Managers to help create valuable products for our users.
We’re looking for a highly skilled engineer, who is passionate about turning data into valuable product for our customers.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Successfully partner with Data Scientists to build advanced services and architecture to provide scalable data products for a high-traffic web platform;
- Successfully partner with system operators to design data generation and provisioning architectures;
- Design scalable architectures for real-time and batch data processing;
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data;
- Help to build a healthy, sustainable and scalable data infrastructure.
What we expect from you:
- Proven experience as a Scala (and preferably Java) developer with deep understanding of the surrounding technology ecosystem;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to produce clean, well-maintainable code;
- Experience with building microservices and/or distributed systems and an understanding of web tech;
- Experience with Big Data related technologies (e.g. Elastic Search, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop), with NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo, Cassandra) and SQL databases;
- Knowledge of streaming architecture is a huge plus;
- Ideally you are interested in machine learning algorithms, data structures and related libraries;
- Desire to quickly learn new technologies and the pragmatism to use the tool that fits a problem best;
- Able to work self-driven, but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team;
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English.
- You have a degree in Computer Sciences or related project/work experience.
What you can expect from us:
- A harmonious, informal, international and playful work environment;
- Work with cool modern technologies, processes and consumer facing products;
- Access to tools and resources to do your job;
- Ability to join multiple internal interest groups in eBay in trending topics like Data Science, Mobile Development, Customer Experience and more.
What we offer:
- A motivated, open-minded team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism;
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.;
- Work with advanced techniques and analytical standards;
- We are early adopter of new analytical trends;
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences;
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility;
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team;
- Home office possibilities;
- Competitive salary and phenomenal benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use;
- Home office and working in our Motor-Talk office located in Berlin-Friedrichshain are possible depending on schedule;
- A phenomenal campus with fitness center (yoga, Pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself