Product AnalystBerlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0023107 Subsidiary mobile.de
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities – whether it is a car, an apartment, a concert ticket, financial services or a new phone. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have ten brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than, 1000 cities around the world.
With more than 250 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most vibrant and dynamic online marketplace.
eCG is always looking for talented, high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Passionate about analytics? Excited about turning data into meaningful business insights? We are looking for a talented analytics leader to develop and grow a new team in the eCG Motors team in Berlin.
Passionate about analytics? Excited about turning data into meaningful business insights? We are looking for a talented analytics professional to join the eBay Classifieds Group Motors team in Berlin.
This role in the Motors team will take a data-driven approach to objectively informing product and process decisions critical to success of creating a world class user experience and to achieving our commercial objectives. As a member of the Product & Design organization, you will thrive on identifying and solving user experience, commercialization, and product issues by turning data into actionable insights. Curious, analytical, hypothesis-driven and fluent with data tools and sources, you will challenge of our understanding of our users and customers and be a key contributor in creating solutions.
- Structure complex ambiguous consumer experience & commercial performance questions
- Drive the data analysis and hypothesis iteration to create actionable insights
- Support product development with iterative testing to achieve the best possible user experience
- Analyze trends within and across countries to uncover potential revenue opportunities
- Scale analytics best practices throughout the team and align with best practices in eCG
- Continually improve your knowledge of analytics tools, methods, our customers, business, and markets
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support the business as needed
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or other quantitative field
- 2+ years’ of professional experience in using data to facilitate business decisions
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong knowledge of data analysis methods
- Team-oriented; eager to build positive and productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- General knowledge of the digital media ecosystem and related performance metrics
- Experience manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends and using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
- Proficiency in at least one data querying language (SQL, Hive, etc)
- High proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint
- Hands on experience with one scripting language (R, Python, Java, etc)
- Experience with ad serving and reporting tools (DoubleClick, Ad Exchange, AdSense, Bing, etc)
- Familiarity with web and app analytics
- Basic knowledge A/B testing
- Experience applying statistical modelling to drive business decision making
What we offer:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams in eBay across Europe, North American and APAC.
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- A competitive salary, benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
- An opportunity to build applications, which will be used by millions of people globally.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your cv. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert 0031 6 5471 2410 / firstname.lastname@example.org, Talent Engagement Partner.
Looking to leave your footprint in motors ecommerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy and sell vehicles around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay Classifieds MoVe.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself