Chief Product OfficerAarhus, Central Jutland Requisition Number R0025548 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
eBay’s classified sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, or a sofa. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
People who want to connect and trade use eBay classifieds sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust. In Denmark, we operate three leading sites. dba.dk is the leading destination where people buy and sell goods in their local communities. Bilbasen.dk is the number one online platform where Danes come to buy and sell cars. Bilinfo.net is the number one platform for car dealers to manage their sales.
eBay Classifieds Group is a global collection of local brands that aim to create connected commerce, enabled by people, supported by technology and open for everyone. As part of eBay Inc., eBay Classifieds Group and its local labels share eBay’s overall purpose, as formulated on eBayInc.com. The group’s founding principles and fundamental beliefs as a purpose-driven company help guide the ways they operate their business every day.
eBay Classifieds Group Denmark
In Denmark, we operate three market-leading online platforms. As Denmark’s number one horizontal classifieds site, DBA is the site where millions of Danes come to buy, sell and connect. Our other leading classifieds marketplace is Bilbasen, the number one destination to buy and sell cars. Our third platform, Bilinfo, is the leading tool for automotive dealers to manage their online advertising.
On an average month our sites handle over 2 million unique visitors, making us one of the largest online destinations in Denmark. The Danish team has a consistent track record in customer-led innovation and wants to go even further, to evolve its platform to deliver an experience which customers love. All product development on our platforms is carried out in-house, based out of our location in Aarhus, Denmark.
We are seeking a talented chief product officer, who will inspire our highly skilled team of product managers and UX designers to create best-in-class products which our customers love. You have a passion for bringing digital products to life, you possess a blend of business and technical expertise, can see the big picture as well have a good eye for detail, and the confidence to make vision into reality. You enjoy spending time understanding customer problems, and working directly with Technology, Marketing, UX, Sales and business teams. You have a passion for Agile management practices and the ability to instil and develop these right across our business.
This role will be a member of the Danish management team, helping to shape our company strategy from a customer and product perspective. You will also be a key member of our global guild of product leaders across eBay, a group which you will need to collaborate with and influence.
The Chief Product Officer will lead our highly skilled team of 15 product managers, UX designers, and product analysts. The role is based in Aarhus, Denmark’s thriving second city.
- Develop and steer the product vision for eBay’s classifieds platforms in Denmark
- Lead your teams to specify and prioritise the development of the product experience supported by business strategy, user and market research and knowledge of customers and competitors
- Coordinate the execution and delivery of product improvements using agile methodologies. Coach your teams in the in daily development stand-ups, conduct demos, monitor progress etc
- Define OKRs, actively measure and analyse existing products and market trends for opportunities to innovate and improve
- Communicate effectively and consistently with customers, partners, business and technical teams and maintain strong relationships with all relevant partners
- Partner very closely with our Chief Technology Officer, to steer and deliver on our overall customer and business priorities
- Play a critical role as part of the company’s management team on the broader strategic direction and performance of the company
- Build key relationships widely across eBay
- You have 10+ years’ experience in digital product management in an agile environment
- You have a consistent track record of building “best-in-class” products across all devices
- While you have a consistent track record for delivery, you have a personal bias for entrepreneurship, trying new things and ‘acting small’
- You have a naturally collaborative leadership style – in particular your relationship to our Chief Technology Officer will be critical to deliver on our vision
- You have the ability to inspire your team to action, through excellent communication skills and story-telling
- You are a great teammate and have strong collaboration, communication and coaching skills
- You are able to build strategic relationships and influence, both within our market and across eBay globally
- You ideally have experience in e-commerce, marketplaces or classifieds, or closely related sectors
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: