Analyst Global AdvertisingAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0031045 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Analyst Global Analytics
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
The Global Advertising Center of Excellence (COE) is a team established to define and steer eCG’s advertising initiatives across 11 different geographically dispersed business units (Bus). The COE’s goal is to accelerate eCG’s advertising offering and resultant revenues through better coordination of the groups’ efforts.
The role uses a data –driven approach to objectively informing the COE as part of decisions and process improvements; critical to eCG’s commercial and monetization efforts on a global level. As a member of the global analytics team, you will be proficient with data tools and sources, thrive on solving high analytical problems and turn data into actionable insights.
- Project manage display advertising data integration into the eBay Classifieds data warehouse
- Structure complex and ambiguous questions related to global display and text advertising. Use analytical skills to synthesize objective and actionable insights
- Conduct ad hoc business analyses and forecasts to inform COE decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or other quantitative field
- 5-7 year track record (or equivalent) in using data to facilitate business decisions; including professional experience in a global organization
- Superb communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills in English; equally comfortable communicating with C-level and entry level staff
- Solid project management skills and the ability to manage several challenging priorities and partners
- Comfortable with ambiguity and defining business requirements related to large scale data warehousing projects
- The highest proficiency in PowerPoint and more generally building and delivering effective presentations
- Especially attentive to detail and embracing of teamwork
- Experience manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends, and extracting business insights
- Able to work using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools; working out of a data warehouse or from smaller imperfect datasets
- Exceptional MS Excel skills
- Proficiency in at least one data querying language (SQL, Hive, etc)
- Domain expert on the online publisher business; digital advertising products (not limited to DFP, Google AdSense, Google Ad Exchange), the programmatic advertising ecosystem, A/B testing, in-app advertising, regulatory considerations
- Commercially minded; interest in business strategy and financially literate
- People-oriented; eager to build positive and productive relationships with a variety of partners and draw upon their skills when needed
- Experience applying complex models statistics to drive business decision-making
- Familiarity with BI Tooling
- Hands on experience with one scripting language (R, Python, Java, etc)
- Previous experience working with offshore engineering teams
What we offer:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA and globally.
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, exciting high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
- An opportunity to build applications, which will be used by millions of people globally.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then apply and send us your CV. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Recruiting
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: