Development Lead- SalesforceAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0021784 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are currently seeking a Development manager to join our team in Amsterdam. This is an exciting opportunity for a systems professional looking to gain first-hand experience across the fast-growing Global online classifieds space.
This technical leadership role requires significant experience and a proven ability to deliver a Global Salesforce.com (CRM), Billing and related cloud technologies implementation. You will understand and be able to prioritise the needs of a customer base across 12 organisations with 1000+ users while leading a development, QA and support team of circa 30 people.
We want you to bring energy and passion to our global Center of Excellence (CoE) and wider team, ensuring we share best practices and learn from each other every day.
- You will lead, coach and mentor a world class cross-functional team of 20+ people to deliver a complex, standardised platform; improve the agile development process and foster continuous knowledge transfer
- You will implement standards and drive best practices across development, quality assurance, release management and production support with a focus on security and real-time platform monitoring
- You will actively work on discovery, collaborate with and provide consultation to technical architect, product owners, dev team leads and engineers to understand business needs, translate to technical documents and undertake R&D and prototyping activities which could benefit the business
- You will plan and schedule development sprints through to release, ensuring the successful delivery of key strategic objectives while maintaining adequate levels of inbound support (meet SLAs); work directly with product and program manager to estimate development days and align capacity as required
- You will ensure code quality, scalability and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, you will manage code reviews and refactoring while improving build and test (automation) systems
- You will bring thought leadership in architectural design and ensure the underlying data structure and data flows meet the demands of our customers and business growth; implement data analysis, retention and backup strategy
- You will participate in project team meetings and communicate effectively with peers, architects, system analysts, business analysts, project managers and other members of the extended team
- You will maintain familiarity with other IT system/ business application capabilities and scope in order to make recommendations about potential integrations or functionality intersection points
- You will own and manage development budget and 3rd party vendor/licensing requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years professional experience in build, release and support management
- 4+ years of Salesforce/CRM development experience including APEX, SOQL, VisualForce, APIs & Integration
- Salesforce certification beneficial DEV 401 / DEV 501
- Demonstrable experience in a highly customized Salesforce.com environment as a senior/lead backend developer with deep knowledge of CRM, financial (billing) platforms and related web technologies
- Proven experience in project and people management; knowledge of the organisational structure and culture to help build relationships with key stakeholders and user groups
- Capable of demonstrating a very sharp learning curve to become productive, enthusiastic and dependable quickly in a fast paced environment
- An advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed systems and APIs (middleware / API integration layers), equally matched with a strong knowledge of business process re-engineering
- Excellent communication, oral and written, motivational and presentation skills, ability to collaborate with leadership team
- Be able to multitask, commit to meeting targets with competing priorities and deadlines across multiple key stake holders
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to research and understand an undocumented set up and application testing of developed functionality
- Detail & results oriented, takes the initiative and makes things happen in a fast paced go-live environment
- Experience working through Lean, Agile and Waterfall solution delivery methods; leading onshore & offshore teams
- Strong experience in Quality Assurance and Continuous Integration (Git Hub, Jenkins, Selenium)
- Close attention to detail & the ability to work independently
- International travel will be required
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: