Finance & Strategy ManagerAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0036609
LOCATION: Amsterdam, Netherlands
THE COMPANY: eBay Classifieds Group
The eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative global leader in online classifieds, with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
The eBay Classifieds Group is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Please visit our website www.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com for more information.
This unique role draws on FP&A, analytics and commercial strategy. The F&PA and Strategy Manager is based in Amsterdam supporting the region to eBay Classifieds Group for the UK, Australia, Denmark and Italy. The role reports to the CFO for the region. And has frequent interaction with the CFO and General Manager of the region, the country CFOs and their teams, the Central Analytics teams, the Advertising Center of Excellence (‘CoE’) and with the eCG Corporate FP&A.
This FP&A and Strategy Manager will lead parts of financial planning, provide financial and strategic insights and will work closely with the leadership teams as well as the eCG global Advertising CoE to help grow and develop the business.
This role is a unique opportunity and has been a stepping-stone for talent internally
- Partner with local finance teams in UK, Australia, Denmark and Italy to analyse performance, trends, validate forecasts andbudgeting
- Lead all financial planning, forecasting and reporting for the eCG Advertising CoE.
- Consolidate weekly and monthly financials with commentary on results and key drivers. Ensure reporting requirements to eCG are accurate and timely
- Lead projects and support the leadership beyond FP&A, with a goal to improve the commercial performance of the businesses
- Drive FP&A process improvement across the 4 markets and the global Advertising CoE (including reporting and forecasting)
- Strategy & Analytics to partner on long-term financial and strategic planning
- Support planning and reviews (quarterly ops reviews, 3-year plan, annual budget, etc.)
- Support M&A projects including financial modeling and discounted cash flow analysis
- 5-10 experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
- Wider business background required from e.g.: Transaction Services, M&A, strategy consulting, commercial excellence
- MBA preferred (Bachelor's degree or equivalent required)
- Previous people management expertise
- Industry experience in Technology, Media, Telecoms preferred but not required. Experience in online advertising is a plus
- Excellent Excel, financial modeling and analytical skills
- Strong Powerpoint skills and ability to craft presentations for executives
- Previous experience with FP&A tools such as Anaplan, and Analytics tools such as SQL, Tableau is a plus
- Proven record of exceptional performance at all professional and educational career stages
- High energy and a desire to work in a results oriented, dynamic and high growth environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to form relationships and interact with stakeholders on all levels
- Willingness and ability to work during periods with high workloads
- Ability to travel globally
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: