Financial Controller eCGAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0035032 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We are seeking a professional individual to join our finance team as Financial Controller.
You will be part of the Global eCG finance team, located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands reporting into the Global Financial Controller. You will work with a small team mainly focused on further improving revenue controlling, accounting and reporting. Due to our fast growth and innovation, the controlling team continues to innovate and grow. This also means we work on various exciting projects.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for a number of countries and potentially also leading a team of country controllers
- Responsible for some centrally led revenue streams & costs: examples are Google, Adyen, Paypal and large programmatic advertising partners.
- Financial controllers are responsible for:
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly financial closings by working closely with Financial Analysts based in the local eCG countries
- Revenue controlling & accounting for your countries & centrally managed revenue streams
- Expense controlling & accounting reporting of these countries. These include but are not limited to: marketing expense, cost of sale, sales discounts, sales bonuses
- Coordinate local statutory audits in various countries
- Work on integrating new businesses, new revenue streams and the new billing system
- Liaise with the Company’s legal & tax advisors a.o. reviewing or submitting tax declarations and required forms with the authorities
- Preparing monthly and quarterly US Group reporting to eBay Inc. on specific revenues and accounts receivable areas
- You have earned a bachelor or master’s degree in the areas of Controlling or Finance & Accounting
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in an accounting and/or controlling role, preferably in an international global environment
- Extended experience in working with accounting software (SAP GL preferred)
- Excellent analytical (excel) skills and an affinity with numbers
- Able to handle global partners in a global matrix organization
- Able to work in a structured way in an agile environment
- Strong team player but also can-do mentality
- Ability to successfully direct a team of accounting professionals
- Eager to continuously improve and implement changes
- Eager to tackle responsibilities and learn new tasks. Ability to work independently
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Dutch and/or Spanish is a plus
- Flexibility to travel (approx. once a quarter or less)
- EU working permit
What we offer?
- Competitive compensation including pension, a very competitive bonus scheme and sabbatical of one month after 5 years of employment
- Opportunities to participate in a growing dynamic international IT based environment
- Opportunity for large international exposure via eBay’s network of global locations
- Career and personal development opportunities through dedicated eBay learning programs
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: