Head of Programmatic AdvertisingAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0020794 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
We are always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our teams enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
As the Head of Programmatic/Indirect Advertising, you will be the first-in-role of the new Classifieds Advertising Center of Excellence (COE) established to define and steer eCGs advertising initiatives across 11 different geographically dispersed business units (BUs). This is an exciting, impactful role where you will be responsible for delivering and growing indirect / programmatic advertising revenues, display, text and native advertising across eCG websites and apps.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Define the eCG programmatic strategy
- Deliver indirect advertising revenues and yield growth
- Co-ordinate multi-market yield improvement initiatives in both product & ad operations.
- Collaborate with central and distributed product teams (and other functions) to test, evaluate & roll-out improvement initiatives
- Optimize the distributed advertising operations organization and guide its operational management
- Stay current on industry developments and keep key stakeholders informed
Success will be measured on:
- Growth of yields
- Delivery of revenues
- Ability to collaborate successfully with all key stakeholders
- Strong experience in digital advertising, and be considered a thought leader on programmatic / indirect advertising
- Possess a significant network across the advertising industry; agency, publisher, and partner
- Experience presenting to industry groups; trade shows, forums, seminars and confidence presenting to executive management
- Experience managing teams
- Experience gained in a large organization
- Leading projects and strategies in a multi-national organization;
- Highly mathematical, comfortable with complex models and abstract concepts
- Experience solving strategic questions for large organizations, e.g. management consultant or similar
- Ability to deliver projects in a geographically distributed, matrixed organization
- Strong interest in financials and business
- Commercially savvy with ability to make trade off decisions
- Direct responsibility for delivering significant revenues $10M+
- Ideally experience in a sales or sales support role
- Broad understanding of a large internet business to include familiarity with UX design, product development processes / cycles for web & apps, A/B testing frameworks, etc
- The role will require frequent short stay international travel, equating to ~20% of time
View our accessibility infoR0020794