Product Leader - Business ServicesAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0035674 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We believe that solving customer problems and delivering value to our business can be done at scale. As the Global Capabilities Team (CAPS) we offer our local brands a portfolio of capabilities along the end customer journey that speeds up time to market across the eBay Classifieds Group. Our global teams develop and innovate a broad variety of central solutions and services: Full integration of back-office systems, central advertising, experimentation and real-time communication solutions, personalization and performance APIs and algorithms as well as a central data infrastructure.
We closely partner with our local peers on efficient integrations of our capabilities that build valuable experiences for our end customers and the business. We are a diverse and highly motivated team. Data is the voice of our customers and helps us to define the common goals we work towards as one team.
As Product Leader Business Services you know how to discover and tackle our customers’ problems and you are able to articulate a vision that spans all operational touchpoints concisely.
As you are an ambassador of the company strategy, local business needs and the end customer, you empower your team of product managers by setting the right priorities. You will spark excitement for business services and operations with our local businesses and translate strategy into executable plans.
As you understand industry benchmarks and holistic levers to drive perfection in systems and operations, you will influence multi-functional teams across Sales, Billing and Customer Service. Establishing effective collaborations in a global setup comes natural to you. In close partnership with local business and product peers you ideate, define, experiment and craft impactful value propositions. You ensure reliable feedback loops from end-users to improve existing services and solutions or drive innovation in your portfolio.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead as single point of accountability for Business operations product plan
- Define product improvement priorities upon business opportunities balanced with resourcing abilities
- Actively communicate initiative goals and progress
- Contribute to institutionalizing a new operating model
- Be a sounding board for ideas and a center of excellence for matters relating to current and future Business Operations product design
- Contribute to strong product culture development
How success is measured
- Increased transparency of Business services product plans
- Execution of Business services plans
- Various customer and business metrics
- MS/MBA degree or equivalent
- 10+ years related experience, 8+ years supervisory experience
- Experience of SaaS, Software as a Service business solutions
- Prior experience working with business services (like sales, account management, billing and customer service teams) or other types of operations organizations.
- Ability to map business processes and communicate them to partners and process participants
- Requires cross-functional communication and negotiation.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Product knowledge – product/market trends. Understand how product & technology can influence business performance.
- Experience in application of Dual Track Agile and OKR’s at scale.
- Influencing – Operate in a matrix and influence peers and team members that don’t report to you
- Conflict resolution – To help make decision, you will have to bring individuals with diverse points of view to the table and drive alignment.
- Build followership – Get good at developing a crisp message and communicating it with passion. Inspire teams to work on the critical priorities you are driving.
- Planning – Figure out a way to translate strategy into an executable plan.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organized, multi-disciplinary agile/lean teams;
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person;
A competitive salary, outstanding benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (outstanding laptop, IDEs, Safari Online subscription, conferences and meetups, all the coffee and soda you can drink, and much more);
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in trending topics like Machine Learning, AI, DevOps, BigData, mobile development, and others;
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work
From the moment that you join us we seek to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then apply and send us your CV.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: