Programme Manager Data GovernanceAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0021205 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with 12 brands that offer services in more than 1,000 cities around the world. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Our central product and tech organization services all our markets by providing key capabilities & services. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our environment.
As our Programme Manager Data Governance, you will help eCG execute on the extensive data governance programs we have defined around GDPR and its’ potential impact on our business.
You will have the opportunity of working directly with legal, product and technology leaders in our Amsterdam headquarters as well as international counterparts to deliver monitoring of compliance with EU, local and corporate standards.
You will be part of our central product and technology team, at the heart of bringing experiences to millions of users worldwide. Your role is to undertake day-to-day program management of activities aimed at data governance with a focus on GDPR compliance. You will manage roadmap, resource and budget planning; effectively driving execution of major data governance related deliverables. You will build out the needed cadences to keep stakeholders across eCG and eBay up to date on progress and challenges.
You are / have:
- Proven track record of defining, implementing, and driving complex projects to completion with global impact
- Working knowledge of privacy, data protection legislation, and GDPR specifically
- a strong communicator and relationship builder and will liaise in person and remotely with peers in international markets
- Strong technological background: clear understanding of IT architecture, software development in the e-commerce, collaborative sharing, and advertising space.
- Strong results orientation with a dedicated client focus, strong attention to detail and quality.
- Experience in delivering major projects and legal programs to provide direction and leadership to a number of highly technical teams
- Ability to demonstrate strategic and delivery-oriented capabilities, including following-up program/project progress on a frequent basis to enable close monitoring, thorough communication and proactive problem detection
- An understanding of risk management and designing solutions that meet compliance requirements without impeding business objectives
Your ideal background:
- Business or Science Degree with a technology background (prefer a technical role in past)
- You have a proven track record (7-10 years) with program management experience in the online space (preferably e-commerce)
- Experience working in global organization, with remote partners and stakeholders
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: