Senior Analyst Global Pricing ExcellenceAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0035133 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Role: Senior Business Analyst Global Pricing Excellence
Department: Global Motors, eCG
The business unit: eCG Global Motors
Reflecting the increased focus on Motors within the group, we established a Global Motors organization. As part of this organization, the Global Pricing Center of Excellence team sits at the helm to lead topline growth across our brands worldwide.
The role: Senior Analyst Global Pricing Excellence
In close collaboration with the Head of Global Pricing Excellence, you will drive pricing and monetization improvement projects across our brands. You will provide analytical support for high visibility and high impact pricing projects ranging from pricing opportunity assessments to providing expert support in price optimization campaigns, discount optimization, proposition bundling and pricing.
- 3-5 years experience in a commercial analytics function or first-tier strategy consulting firm (with a focus on commercial and pricing strategy)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven track record in identifying and quantifying business challenges
- Inventive in developing solutions to achieve realizable, measurable impact
- Driven to understand the problem both on conceptual and detailed (data) level
- Experience with SQL or a programming language such as R or Python
- Proficiency in deriving conclusions and recommendations from data
- Experience in the tech industry (marketplaces, classifieds, software) is a plus
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau is a plus
- A master’s degree in business, science or engineering
- Deliver analytical support in our pricing projects and, eventually, independently drive pricing projects yourself
- Co-develop the global roadmap for our pricing and monetization strategy
- Co-manage the pricing community and relationships with key stakeholders globally
- Travel: ~25% of the time
Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA and globally
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec machines and very nice office facilities
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment, then we invite you to apply and send us your CV.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: