Senior Data ScientistAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0025005 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Senior Data Scientist
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
We are always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Now we are looking for a senior Lead Data Scientist with shown track-records in translating data to business value to join the world’s leading online classifieds business. Given the pace the industry is moving we are constantly rethinking adapting our approach to using data to deliver compelling user experiences bringing to bear recent advancements in technology. You will be lead data scientist with our central data team, working with highly skilled engineers and scientists to help deliver our strategy around bringing to bear Big Data and advanced Data Science techniques to transform our business across the globe.
- Apply machine learning and advanced statistics to tackle real-world business problems like customer segmentation, channel attribution, marketing performance and yield optimization
- Translate complex and sometimes ambiguous data and insights into concise and actionable recommendations.
What we expect from you:
- 3+ years of professional experience in data science or an adjacent field with an established track record of making things that work
- Can-do, curious and self-motivated
- As a Data Scientist working in a business setting, you have a pragmatic approach and know when it is worth to give 100% and when 20% is sufficient
- Fluency in English and phenomenal communication skills and ability to concisely and to-the-point deliver recommendations & proposals
- Proficient in data mining and advanced modeling techniques including predictive modeling using R and/or Python
- Experienced SQL skills (e.g. Teradata, MySQL or HIVE)
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark and similar tools
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar field.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment
- Work with cool modern technologies, processes and consumer facing products
- Access to tools and resources to do your job
- Ability to join multiple internal interest groups in eBay in trending topics like Data Science, Mobile Development, Customer Experience and more
- Continuous Deployment of product changes to get rapid feedback about your work
What we offer:
Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor. The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA and globally. A competitive salary, phenomenal benefits and an excellent working environment. Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, exciting high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an exceptional and engaging one.
If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a reciprocal and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your cv. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Recruiting eBay.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: