Senior Data ScientistAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0025005 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group is a leader in local marketplaces, with 10 brands that offer services in more than 1,000 cities around the world. Our apps and sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends.Our central product and tech organization services all our markets by providing key capabilities & services which are demonstrated by all of our sites. We are an equalopportunity employer and valuediversity at our environment.DescriptionNow we are looking for a senior LeadDataScientistwith shown track-records in translating data to business value to join the world’s leading online classifieds business. Given the pace the industry is moving we are constantly rethinking adapting our approach to using data to deliver compelling user experiences bringingtobear recent advancements in technology. You will be leaddatascientistwith our central data team, working with highly skilled engineers and scientists to help deliver our strategy around bringingtobear Big Data and advanced Data Science techniques to transform our business across the globe. Responsibilities:
- Apply machine learning and advanced statistics to tackle real-world business problems like customer segmentation, channel attribution, marketing performance and yield optimization
- Translate complex and sometimes ambiguous data and insights into concise and actionable recommendations.
- 3+ years of professional experience in data science or an adjacent field with an established track record of making things that work
- Can-do, curious and self-motivated
- As a Data Scientist working in a business setting, you have a pragmatic approach and know when it is worth to give 100% and when 20% is sufficient
- Fluency in English and phenomenalcommunicationskills and ability to concisely and to-the-point deliver recommendations & proposals
- Proficient in data mining and advanced modeling techniques including predictive modeling using R and/or Python
- Experienced SQL skills (e.g. Teradata, MySQL or HIVE)
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark and similar tools
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar field.
- Acollaborative, informal, international and playful work environment
- Work with cool modern technologies, processes and consumer facing products
- Access to tools and resources to do your job
- Ability to join multiple internal interest groups in eBay in trending topics like Data Science, Mobile Development, Customer Experience and more
- Continuous Deployment of product changes to get rapid feedback about your work
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: