Senior Director, eCG Advertising COEAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0020752 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with eleven brands that span the Globe. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities – whether it is a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they are fun, easy to use and built on trust. eCG combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major company, eBay. Our culture is based on open and transparent communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check.
We are currently seeking a Senior Director, eCG Advertising Center of Excellence to join our team in Amsterdam. This is a new and exciting leadership role where you will define and steer the execution of global initiatives across the eCG portfolio of businesses, ensuring delivery of eCG advertising and related revenues.
- You will develop, align and drive a cohesive advertising strategy, operating plan and ways of working.
- To establish key performance success metrics, reporting and analytics for Advertising COE
- Co-own the eCG advertising revenue targets with eCG portfolio general managers and commercial leads.
- To lead a team of subject matter experts focusing on Programmatic advertising yield optimization, Advertising product management and Program management
- You will partner closely with eCG portfolio business Commercial leads to drive execution of operating plans and update management and other key stakeholders on progress against plan on a regular basis
- Identify commercial opportunities through continuous improvement and innovation via business development, partnerships, and technology solutions
- Manage best practice adoption and resource allocation across eCG businesses
- Lead external global commercial partner negotiations/manage ongoing relationships on behalf of eCG
- Drive collaboration across eCG and the wider eBay commercial teams
- Stay current on latest developments in global advertising space, identifying opportunities for eCG
- Lead COE financial planning for annual budgeting and three year strategic planning process
Success will be measured on:
- Delivery of eCG advertising revenue versus target
- Management and other key stakeholder feedback
- Ability to maintain and expand strategic global partnerships
- Successfully forecasting and managing revenue pipelines across all eCG advertising revenue channels
- MS/MBA degree or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in digital advertising, preferably across multiple-geographies
- 8+ years management experience of teams
- Proven expertise in negotiating complex, multi-national, commercial/advertising negotiations
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Deep analytical capabilities
- Ability to effectively navigate and influence formally and informally across geos/functions in a matrixed environment
- Proven ability to build, inspire, and lead high-performing teams
- In-depth operational understanding of digital advertising, with a strong emphasis on mobile and programmatic advertising
- Strong conceptual and abstract thinking capabilities combined with the ability to present complex concepts in an easily comprehensible way
- Deep understanding of digital advertising competitive/market landscape
View our accessibility infoR0020752