Senior Backend Engineer JavaAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0022313
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Senior Backend Engineer (Java)
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have ten brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities.
Our strong local presence is backed up by a suite of global capabilities, built and maintained by central product and development teams collocated in offices. We are looking at expanding these teams with focus on our Headquarters in Amsterdam.
You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites. You would be responsible for driving a capability such as customer identity, taxonomy or inventory.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on large pieces of innovative technology touch many customers across the globe and we are looking for you as a: Senior Backend Engineer
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Coach and mentor junior members of your team
- Improve agile development and continuous delivery process
- Collaborate with other team members and engineers
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Several years of experience as a senior/lead java engineer and or system architect
- Deep knowledge of Java 8, Spring Framework, web technologies and (non-) relational databases (bonus: node.js, react)
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience to the users
- Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
- Excellent workplace in Amsterdam
Looking to leave your footprint in global e-commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and share anything around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven team that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join the eBay Classifieds Group.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: